Joining the Private Section for Journals

Started by Kizzie, August 21, 2023, 02:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

We have just added a section for journals that is private meaning only those I give permission to can see and post in the group.  The reason for this section is that some members are afraid of or are being stalked by their abuser(s), family, etc.  The public journals are not as safe in the sense that an accumulation of information can lead a determined person to recognize someone they are trying to find.  As such, we have this private section.  It is also for members who would feel more comfortable having their journals be more private.

In order to be given permission to join the private section you must have made an introductory post and at least 5 other posts on the forum. This allows me to get a sense of who you are and if it is safe to let you into that section. If you are allowed to join the section and give members reason to feel you are unsafe your access will be taken away.

Please post your request to join the group below. It may take a few days for access to be granted/denied as I will review your forum posts. 

Kizzie

DD

Is it just for those with stalking issues?

Kizzie

Good question DD.  :thumbup:  It's not just for that, it's also for members who want their journals to be private. I've added a sentence about that in the first post in this thread so members are aware.

SteveM

Kizzie I'd like to join the private section, at this time leave my posts public .
Thank you
Steve M

Kizzie

OK Steve I've added you to the private group.

DD

I'd like to join the private group. I am thinking of also asking my journal to be private. Is that an option?

Kizzie

OK DD, I've signed you into the section.  I can move your journal over if you'd like or you can start a new one.

Kizzie

Bermuda

I would like to join too but keep my journal public.

Kizzie

OK Bermuda, I've added you to the section.  :)

DD

Please move my journal to the private side. Thank you for all your work Kizzie :bighug:

NarcKiddo

I would like to join the private group, but I would like to keep my journal in the public section. Thanks, Kizzie.  :grouphug:

Kizzie

natureluvr

I would like to join the private section please.  I'll just start a new journal in there.  Thank you.

Kizzie

natureluvr