Learning to heal, Larry's journey

Started by Larry, October 20, 2021, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

Hi Larry,
Sending you a hug of support  :hug: and also some sunshine  :sunny:
Hope  :)

Larry

;)   i really appreciate everyone here ,  this forum is the only support i have right now,   and it has reallly helped.   
I feel good this morning.   I have been reading about the benefits of not drinking,   just trying to stay motivated.   I feel like i have been sleeping better.  i don't feel tired when i wake up.   i don't know what i am going to do today,  but i am going to try to enjoy it

Armee

:grouphug:

We're glad you are here Larry. Sleeping well really helps too. I'm glad that is going well for you. I'm rooting for you. You deserve to feel better.

rainydiary

It is hard work that you are doing.  I hope you found something enjoyable today.

Larry

today is 22 days without alcohol.  i never thought i would say that.  i have an appointment with a therapist on april 5th,   seems so far away,  but i hope i can go through with it.   having a few ups and downs,  i don't know why it can be so hard to do be good to myself,   my wife hasn't had a drink in 5 days.   maybe things can get better

Armee

:hug:

Wow. Larry. That's amazing. You're doing it!  :cheer:

rainydiary

Thank you for this update Larry.  In my experience ups and downs are to be expected and can be opportunity to find what helps manage the downs in new ways. 

Not Alone

:applause: 22 days. Keep going one day at a time.

Larry

today is day 27 without alcohol !   things have been mostly good.  i have had some anxiety and some depression among many other things,  but i haven't been experiencing suicide ideation or dangerous behavior.  sometimes i think i am ok,    not sure about this therapy appointment on april 5th.   maybe i should go , 

Armee

So proud of you! That's a huge accomplishment!  :cheer: :cheer:

I think probably you know what the right thing is for you about the appointment so I'll just send on a few hugs of encouragement to keep moving toward healing.  :grouphug:  :hug: :bighug:

rainydiary

I appreciate you sharing this update.  I am here supporting you!

Larry

Larry

today was ok,   but i feel depressed and lonely.   i liked things better when i didn't feel emotions.   I reaally want to get back to that, 
day 28 without alcohol.  i want to continue,  but sometimes i have a hard time justifying not drining.  why am i doing this to myself?   Tomorrow i am really going to try to push emotions down,  i just do not want to deal with them.   

rainydiary

Larry, I appreciate you sharing this update.    I hope the feelings ease a bit.