1, 2, 3!

Started by Jazzy, May 11, 2021, 01:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

Yikes, I have missed a few days. What's going on with that? I'll have to figure it out. Well, here's one for yesterday:

Appreciation:
I'm getting much better at appreciating art and beauty. I'm also getting better at understanding it, which I think goes hand in hand with the appreciation.

Emotion:
Fairly neutral, not great, but not bad either. Something has been bothering me though, because I've been getting "stuck" on negative thoughts and memories again.

Accomplishment:
I wrote a guide to help people do a specific thing on their computer in a better and safer manner. I did a good job with screenshots (art!) so it is easier to follow. I also linked it to the original guide written by someone else, which was challenging because my confidence is not yet as high as I want it to be.

Jazzy

Quote from: ArmadilloI recognized that writing my accomplishment for today was making me feel really badly about myself so I am deciding I am not going to fill this one out today because it is making me feel bad. And THAT is self-care and an accomplishment. 

Armadillo, I love what you wrote here! Tools like this are only a general idea to help in some situations. Sharing things is often helpful, but sometimes it is not, especially if it needs to be processed more. It's so awesome that you recognized that what was best for you was outside of the normal pattern, and you chose self-care over routine!  :applause:

Jazzy

Appreciation:
My artistic skills are getting much better, to the point where others are noticing and complimenting.

Emotion:
Today I feel a bit frustrated that I haven't been very productive, but also relieved that I am making further progress with my cat learning to enjoy nature.

Accomplishment:
I read an interesting puzzle/challenge, but I saved it for later instead of getting caught up on it and missing dinner and other important things.

Armadillo

Appreciation
My son is happy and I helped do that. He did the hard work but i didn't let him suffer once I knew he was struggling

Emotion
Joy that this whole new world is opening up to me (being able to see depth)

Accomplishment
My son graduated 8th grade! I remember when he was entering 6th I was terrified he wouldn't make out alive.

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I'm growing more considerate and respectful of others, in a healthy way (still respectful of myself)

Emotion:
This morning I felt very sad. Then I did some impromptu therapy/processing in the middle of making breakfast, and I've felt mostly peaceful since then.

Accomplishment:
I handled some not so great feedback very well... it barely upset me and led me to a way to do something better.

rainydiary

Appreciation: I made it to the next stage in an interview process. 

Emotion: Grief mingled with moments of joy with my cat and my husband

Accomplishment: During the first stage of this interview process I caught myself getting turned off by a philosophical difference I have with the potential employer.  I realize that this is in part because I am afraid of being rejected and steeling myself for that.  I want to remember that no job will be perfect, I am not perfect, and I will not find what I didn't get growing up through work. 

CactusFlower

Appreciation:
I know I can get through the next week.

Emotion:
A little worried, kind of depressed, mostly meh.

Accomplishment:
I managed to put together a pile of boxes and someone will come get them out of my way.

Jazzy

Appreciation:
By realizing I'm important, I'm taking better care of myself, which let's me help others more often and in a better way.

Emotion:
Lots of emotions today. I cried looking at some pictures, then I was peaceful playing a game, then I was happy and proud outside with my cats.

Accomplishment:
Today I did a great job at setting boundaries in a healthy way. I explained the problem, then when it wasn't fixed, I explained that it was unacceptable and I took action to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Armadillo

Appreciation
I appreciate my tenacity in trying to figure stuff out and make it better

Emotion
Grateful and awed

Accomplishment
Found my way to my grandparents house without getting lost

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I have strong empathy and compassion for others. While I do have to be careful not to get overwhelmed, this is a very important thing for me so I feel happy and proud and accomplished to see it flourishing.

Emotion:
I felt very connected today. I've had social interactions with 4 separate people today which were all extremely positive.

Accomplishment:
A few accomplishments today, so I get to save some up. :)  .... I cooked a new healthy meal today, without consulting a recipe. It was a bit simple, and could use some refinement, but it was a very good first attempt. I consider it a success!

CactusFlower

Appreciation
I appreciate my creativity and its cycles

Emotion
overwhelmed, a little depressed

Accomplishment
cut all my hair off and washed two wigs (yesterday)

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I'm doing much better at remembering things lately

Emotion:
Concerned, scared, energetic

Accomplishment:
Got a bit of yard work done for the first time in years

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I'm acting on ideas when they come to me, even if it just means writing them down for now, instead of just letting the idea pass, because I realize my ideas are worthy and important.

Emotion:
Frustrated at not being as productive as I wanted but not too badly.

Accomplishment:
Took the "no soliciting" sign off the door because I feel safe at home and more able to stand up for myself when needed!

Armadillo

These are both too huge to not call out for celebration!!!  :cheer:

Quote from: Jazzy on June 02, 2021, 10:16:21 AM
Appreciation:
because I realize my ideas are worthy and important.

Quote from: Jazzy on June 02, 2021, 10:16:21 AM
Appreciation:
I feel safe at home and more able to stand up for myself when needed!

Armadillo

Appreciation
Healing more than I thought possible

Emotion
Trapped, guilty, self-protective

Accomplishment
Figured out how to make a beaded daisy chain bracelet after a couple handful of tries.