76 Healing Quotes & Affirmations

Started by Not Alone, May 31, 2021, 03:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

The wellness society lists 76 healing quotes and affirmations. Some of these quotes are free to be downloaded and printed. Other good information on their website worth checking out.

https://thewellnesssociety.org/76-healing-cptsd-quotes-and-affirmations/

If you take a look at these, which ones are helpful for you right now?

For me, it's this one: "35. It's ok not to be ok." I am trying to get some cleaning and other things done. I felt really overwhelmed and went to my room to take a break. Also, "28. I refuse to judge myself according to the standards of a society that makes no place for people like me." This one because, even though it is rarely said, when my husband has stated his true feelings, he has said in different ways that he wants me to put the past behind me and move on and be okay. Even though it is rarely stated by him, I feel the immense pressure of that.

rainydiary

So many!

2. You are allowed to struggle

13. Healing is not linear

42. I don't need permission for how I live my life. 

63. I am a good person

70. My feelings are valid

Armadillo

Sigh. What your husband wants is what all of us want but worse it's what we think we should magically be able to do. Voila! All better just cause we wish it so! It would be hard to feel understood in that circumstance, notalone...I know his heart is in the right place but I wish he understood how hard you are trying to do that and how much that just doesn't work like magic.

Armadillo

3. You are allowed to talk
This just takes my breath away and makes my eyes tingle. Whenever I try to speak up that's when dissociation zaps me away.

11. You don't need permission to exist
My T always says "Armadillo's not allowed to exist." It feels so true. I don't matter. What I need doesn't matter. But slowly that is changing. I had to make all my progress motivated by being a better _______ [mom, wife, worker, daughter, etc]

27. I've managed to survive all this while in the dark. Now that I have the answers I can find my out.
Wow. This. This one 1000%. This sums it up. I had no idea I was traumatized. I felt bad I felt stuck and trapped and I looked around and my life was perfect. So why did I feel that way? Only logical conclusion was that I am bad and wrong and stupid. It's me that is the problem cause my life is truly great. Now I know all those thoughts and feeling and sensations have nothing to do with the present or who I am. They are flashbacks.

Jazzy

Wow, this is wonderful! Thank you for sharing Notalone. :)

These are the top 3 that stood out to me:
9. Your unhealthy habits were just survival mechanisms that you held onto to protect yourself. You aren't trying to be self destructive! Your brain is just telling you that danger is imminent so you prepare accordingly. But you just need to slowly build new, healthy habits because you aren't in danger anymore.

12, You are not your trauma. Your dysfunctions are not a measurement of your true ability.

18. You have the right to acknowledge your feelings without having to justify them.

Plus one more that resonates with me most of all. I even wrote about this in my journal a little while ago.

33. Think of emotional healing as being like the physical healing of a wound – one step at a time. Keep the wound free of further contamination. Avoid toxic people and environments. Don't ever swallow any more poison – particularly if you still keep in touch with toxic/unhealed family members.

CactusFlower

These are very helpful, thank you!

Currently, these are resonating with me:

I am allowed to ask for help.

Feeling bad doesn't make me a bad person.

I am worth taking care of.