My Journey Begins

Started by FrillyFarmGirl, April 28, 2018, 10:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Blue

Hey frilly,
Can I offer some safe  :hug: :hug: ?

I have read your journal before but just not posted.  I wanted to let you know that what you wrote really resonates with me.  I often thought I could do better to stop the abuse.  I tried to numb the blows as well.  I'm so sorry for what you went through. Let me also say, Yes it was bad! Thanks for being so brave to post this.
Take good care
- Deep Blue

Sceal

I am sorry you had to go through all of that. I have no words, tonight - but I wanted to let you know I've read your post and if it's okay with you, I'll sit here with you for a while as a comfort.

Hope67

Hi FrillyFarmGirl,
What you write in your Journal also resonates with me - and I just wanted to send you a hug, if that's ok  :hug:
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

frilly, to this day my shoulders are hunched forward.  it takes conscious effort for me to roll them back.  my dad used to call me 'hunchy' and threaten to put a board up my back to straighten my posture.  now i see it as a response to several things, including shame at having breasts, carrying the weight of impossible expectations on my shoulders, and just a protective measure - hunched over, my vulnerability was metaphorically being protected.

i've also gone thru the idea that my traumas weren't as bad as those of others here.  i think a lot of us do that comparison thing.  what has helped me with that is the knowledge that the symptoms i manifest show that they were, indeed, bad enough.  that's all that i know, and really all that matters.

i'd like to validate your abuse right alongside you.  i wish you hadn't gone thru it.  it is definitely bad enough, and like wg said, whatever the abuse/trauma, it's terrible.

thanks for sharing.  i hope it helped you to get it out, and i hope you can continue doing so.  keep taking care of you, sweetie.   love and hugs to you.

Deep Blue

Hey frilly,
Just checking in... hope you are doing ok.