Three good things a day

Started by Elphanigh, April 18, 2017, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

I can't even put into words how beautiful this felt to read. I was right there with you, it seemed. Thanks so much for sharing that.
:grouphug:

Blueberry

1) I spent a long time today just sitting watching my pets and talking to them. Also giving them a fun time - I took them into the garden.

2) The one pet who needs medication in the form of a 15 minute foot bath takes it well and calmly.

3) My neighbours invited me to join them in the garden for a meal

Elphanigh

Thank you all for posting in here and keeping this one going while I am gone and struggling. It has been beautiful to go through and read this today. Thank you so much for that.

1. I have a new job, yet again (reason is in my journal)
2. I finally got to have a break today
3. I am working on feeling like myself again

Blueberry

In past couple of days:
1) Yesterday I discovered that my rose has bloomed again, and there are more buds. When it stopped flowering maybe 6 weeks ago, I cut it back a bit. Then I thought: wrong time of year. But it wasn't! The flower is there to show me. It has a lovely perfume and a pretty red and white stripe. ('Variegated' is maybe the word?)

2) I had a bath at a friend's-who-is-on-holiday.
3) I had enough energy (I don't always) to go over and have a bath.
4) One of the rabbits I'm looking after for the friend-on-holiday allowed me to stroke him for minutes on end.

5) I didn't collapse with devastation when I gave my own pets up today. I was sad, I am sad, I allowed myself time and space to mourn, but I also kept going. I did things that were healing and nice for me today, but I also did things I'm 'meant' to, like take my meds.

Blueberry

I logged out and then realised I hadn't written on here, which I'd intended to, and probably even need as a way to focus on the positive.

1) I went out into the garden barefoot to hang up the washing.
2) The washing I hung out yesterday evening was dry already.
3) I sang to some of my favourite CDs - they are healing ones - while washing a stack of dishes and cleaning up in the kitchen.
That's enough. The thread is entitled: Three Good Things.
4) I took my meds, both types. Haven't been too good with that recently. But today  :thumbup:

Three Roses

1. My son is here for a visit, all 4 of us together under one roof. Feels great.

2. The sun is warm, I'm sitting in it in my open doorway.this morning.

3. I am who I am and not who people think I am.

Elphanigh

So great to read you two!
1. I start my new job today
2. I feel more like myself than I have in ages
3. The rain cleared in time for my walk.

Blueberry

That sounds great for both of you, 3Roses and Elphanigh!

Two more:
I made myself some more lemon/mint water
I had another bath at friend's-who-is-on-holiday. I actually feel cleaner. (Who would've thought?). It feels good.

Deb

My 3G's for today are:

Sam sitting on my lap/next to me
Getting a check in email from Mindfulness teacher
Lawyer saying 'well done' on the phone this morning

Blueberry

For today:
1) I imagined doing EFT today while I was cycling to stop the constant self-recrimination about having gone back to sleep and so running late for my sort of volunteer job
2) Doing EFT in my head worked! 
3) I had a good day at the volunteer job, working with lots of different people, including a child who was 'helping'.  I managed not to get ratty with him!
4) Nice cycle home again in the warm evening sun through pretty landscape

Deb

The three things I'm grateful for today:

Owning a car
Sam cuddles xxx
Friends who help out - a friend is going to feed Sam while I'm away overnight

I'm really glad this thread is here. Thankyou to the person who started it. I started a MBSR course here and it also gets us to do 3 Good things at the end of the day. The course says we can rewire our brains by practicing noticing good things. I am hoping to do this.

woodsgnome

Today's good vibes:

1. Received invite to dinner in couple days from an old acquaintance I haven't seen in 20+ years who's been trying to find me again.

2. This is on the heels of another recent dinner with people I've known several years, but don't see that often (I think my image as a rugged loner has distanced them but not sure; irrelevant now, but typical).

3. I'm getting the impression, at last,  :doh: that I've had quite a positive effect on several people but my old avoidance habit kept me back. I'll never be a socialite but finding ways to be closer with people who I care about seems both viable and good for me. Slow going, but one step...

Three Roses

Blueberry

1) We had a mega-session in therapy this morning, my therapist and I that is. I feel blown away, but it's good
2) It's a very summery summer day and I allowed myself to stay at the lake shore standing in the water or in the nearby park reading and writing and then wandering through an old part of the town instead of coming home and 'doing something useful'.
3) Drinking my homemade lemon and mint water is very refreshing.

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Blueberry on August 29, 2017, 04:07:46 PM
2) It's a very summery summer day and I allowed myself to stay at the lake shore standing in the water or in the nearby park reading and writing and then wandering through an old part of the town instead of coming home and 'doing something useful'.
Heh, thanks for bringing this one up. It gave me a flashback of the 'simpler' times of my childhood, wandering through a rain forest with the sounds of a waterfall nearby, just taking a moment to sit back and enjoy the surrounds, feeling at peace in my own solitude.

Glad you could have a nice little outing. :) And a good therapy session!