Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

I got up early and at my alarm clock

I finally washed my hair

I finally washed the dishes

Contessa

Nice one Blueberry.

First one for today:
It's 6:30 am and i'm already on the train to work :)
Early start means an early finish and more me time this arvo. Two more coming

Wife#2

Already have one as well:

Son and I had a good, and educational, talk this morning.

Elphanigh

I have a good one as well and I have just barely started work.

I got a big compliment from a coworker I greatly respect

Elphanigh

Here are my other two
I tried a new type of coffee and it was fabulous (I function because of coffee some days, It is a love of mine)
I have been thoughtful about my past today, but not let it rule my day.

Contessa

The other two:

Went shopping (I hate shopping and use every excuse to avoid it), and got the clothes I needed with the first I tried on :)

Relaxed with a movie before bed.

Plus I loved being in the office earlu, much more productive.

Blueberry

This morning, I had some important realisations about the goals I'm setting myself

I had a quick conversation with my toxic client, where we both got our questions answered

I finished part of my Goals Chart and put that on my wall

Blueberry

I got my act together so to speak and went to attend a self-help group this morning. It had actually been cancelled, but this didn't bother me. It was just good that going got me out of the house and into the fresh air and onto my bike.

I went for another little cycle to take a borrowed item back. I was mindful of my senses, like looking at all the green leaves and hearing the river rushing and feeling the moist air on my face.

I did a round of Tapping to clear up some feelings from last night and it worked!

woodsgnome

* I asked for help, from several people, and all responded with positive suggestions for a project I'm considering.

*My old demons have not haunted my nights for a week.

*I might have located an old friend I thought I'd lost contact with, who I know can help me out now.

All of these are connected to reaching out, a trait I'd always shied away from. Doing so has always stretched my comfort zone. Something's shifted, and it feels like a fresh breeze bringing peace.

Blueberry

Way to go Woodsgnome  :cheer:

I'm making an effort to smile to myself today and I notice it really does improve my mood for those few seconds

I gave my real opinion to a client which means: I accept your decision to not come for next few weeks but do not be surprised when your knowledge in the subject I teach does not improve. (She has sought to blame me in the past for lack of progress.)  We parted on good terms.

I have a new idea of how to simplify my teaching contracts and billing as of next school year. The idea came out of the blue, the way they often do for me.

Elphanigh

Great job woodsgnome! Excited to hear about that progress.

I haven't been writing them here for a few days but here are mine this morning.
1. I invested in the 5 minute journal. It is after 3 days already making some difference in my routine
2. I had a great weekend so I feel rested today
3. My work load is not as big this week!

Elphanigh

Three things early today
1. I managed to leave for work early enough to get a good muffin and coffee on my way
2. I feel well rested
3. I can breathe today

Blueberry

The sun is shining.

I got out of bed with plenty of time to spare.

A few very important realisations.

Elphanigh

This is going to be much harder today, but I have to do this. It is the days my life feels like it is falling apart that I need this the most.

1. I realize the need and have the gusto to do this
2. I have a great friend
3. I comforted my mom, when she needed me.

Those don't feel like much today but it is honestly all I have right now. The bad is speaking too loudly today

Blueberry

Ditto for me today, Elphanigh. That's why it's so good you started this thread. It's a good exercise for me to come up with 3 Things.

4. The existence of OOTS
5. My computer and Internet are functioning (without which I couldn't be posting on here)