Still financially depending on my abuser (severe narcisstic mother) ideas?

Started by Bird, November 04, 2016, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

Hello, dear All:)))
I am new here and in recovery process via a relational psychoanalysis which is a wonderful support to understand the first time what was going on..:/
Unfortunately my mothers severe narcisstic abusal and my father looking away has weakened my condition pretty much - so, that I am gaining back now after 10years or longer of total weakness some intellectual and artistic elan vitale, but still my body doesn't allow to make money, the cancer treatments were successful, but weakened me a lot, and Cfs/me added to it...://
...I try to deadrenalize, and it works (more or less;/) as long as I do not have to have contact with my mother.
But I am 53 now and past 15 years my parents had to support me completely, and for that reason I do not feel free to risk explicit conflict whwn I visit them or when she sends her doublebinds emails etc.

( I tried, the result were months of decline on all levels) - my father is, despite all his mistakes a very lovely person, and I do not want to loose contact to him. So I still visit them once a year..( next week again://) 

..... I would be really glad to learn how or if any one was able to solve such a situation of dependency? I am officially out of any work capacity, and it would be an illusion, at least two more years, to think it could change to financial independence...
Inspirations are very welcome!!

Thanks, and some color sparkles from a lovely early November-city, inhabited by sun:))))
:)), Bird

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, Bird! We're glad you've joined our forum. :wave:

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. How stressful that must be! Although I have no insight into solutions, I know this community has been very comforting for me and I hope you will feel the same. Thanks for joining!  :)

Bird

Dear three roses,
thankyou for your nice welcome! :heythere:
Good to receive:))), or be received:))
Bird

sanmagic7

hey, bird,

glad you're here.  as i haven't been in your situation, i can only think that as you continue in recovery, your avenues and options will become clearer for you.  keep going.  we're here for you.