Idea for a Thread | Times we've Been Glad we Stayed Alive / Reasons to Live

Started by samantha19, February 13, 2016, 01:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resurgent

I love that first cup of freshly-brewed coffee in the morning. And sitting down with it and saying to myself, "Hmm....what would I love to do today?" It's been happening more and more lately.

radical

I was glad to have survived the cirisis that led me, here on Friday.

I had been afraid that I wouldn't be able to rebuild my life after making drastic changes as a result of completely reevaluating my life, and the way I interact with myself and others.  I ended three close friendships (more than 60 years worth), left three groups, including my faith communtiy.  I was being smeared and felt hurt, betrayed and humiliated.  I was planning to leave town.

On Friday I spent the day with healthy friends.  I found that I could be different.  I could stand in my own feet and have empathy for others.  I found that the work I have done has led me to the beginnings of valuing myself from the inside, and not seeking external validation that I have a right to exist.

I had a good weekend.

Warm wishes to everyone.

felloutofthesky

I'm glad I stayed alive and chose to hang on because after 26 years and after moving to the other side of the world, I found the people who are now my family, who are loving and supportive and kind and who I can, amazingly, trust (chosen family, not biological family) and although I struggle with a lot of somatic stuff and trauma, the immediate awfulness of my childhood has mostly faded into a nightmare that doesn't even seem real anymore.