Favorite Quotes - Part 1

Started by Rain, September 28, 2014, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifecrafting

Yes, Dutch Uncle, that's the way I see courage. How else do you see this statement being perceived??? I've never thought of it any other way.

Quote"Never trust anyone that calls you friend who would rather demand your silence than hear your words."
Good one Vrizzy.

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: Lifecrafting on August 18, 2015, 10:03:47 AM
Yes, Dutch Uncle, that's the way I see courage. How else do you see this statement being perceived???

I couldn't think of another way.  ;D
Just checking.  ;)

Glad to see we are on the same page.  :thumbup:

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: Vrizzy on August 17, 2015, 10:26:59 PM
"Never trust anyone that calls you friend who would rather demand your silence than hear your words." -me

In a similar vein:
"He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words."
Elbert Hubbard

I love that quote when people keep demanding you "explain" yourself.

Vrizzy

Sorry if my quotes offended you. ^^"

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: Vrizzy on August 18, 2015, 05:37:48 PM
Sorry if my quotes offended you. ^^"

No offense taken.
Sorry if my reply came across as such.

Lifecrafting

From one of my favorite authors, Thomas Moore:
QuoteNever try to get rid of any bad tendency you have. Own it and tweak it into something good. Remain imperfect.
Another of my favs from the great Miles Davis:
QuoteDo not fear mistakes; there are none.

Vrizzy

I love those quotes.

Your response wasn't mean sounding I just have a tendency to get nervous sometimes.

Dutch Uncle

"Deeds need time, even after they are done, in order to be seen or heard."

Nietzsche, from "The gay (happy) science".

Dutch Uncle

Here's one for all of you out here. I want to say to all of you:

I've seen you at your worst and I still think you're the best.
author Unknown

:hug:

woodsgnome

Saw this quote and the followup question and thought they matched well what some of us struggle with so often.

"We don't always know what makes us happy. We know, instead, what we think should. We are baffled and confused when our attempts at happiness fail...we are mute when it comes to naming accurately our own preferences, delights, gifts, talents. The voice of our original self is often muted, overwhelmed, even strangled, by the voices of other people's expectations. The tongue of the original self is the language of the heart."

--Julia Cameron

What truly makes you happy? If the voice of your original self could talk to you, what would it say?

----------------
Hey Lifecrafting--loved the Thomas Moore quote you posted above. It's soooo like him; took a class with him once...the funniest was how many people were totally baffled by his wit, nuanced humour, and fresh take on things. Truly an original.

Lifecrafting

Julia Cameron...:applause:
Thomas Moore... Yep, the man is high on my fav. author list - he's a keeper for sure! And you took a class with him - how cool is that?!?! When I share something of his, I often get a bewildered look or a statement like: "I just don't get it."
But I do! And I am ever grateful!

woodsgnome

True healing
is not the fixing of the broken,
but the rediscovery
of the Unbroken.

- Jeff Foster

KayFly

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs...and if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." 

â€“Theodore Roosevelt

Lifecrafting

KayFly

It really is LifeCrafting, Isn't it? I keep thinking about it.