JDog's Journal

Started by Jdog, May 07, 2015, 10:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdog

My wife is in the hospital for a few days.  She was absolutely screaming in pain last night and we drive to the ER.  There was an ER bed for her and eventually some pain meds, but we had to wait six hours for her to be admitted into the regular hospital section.  That, of course, is a normal length of time.  I know she is getting great care.  It is possibly pancreatitis.  We spent some time together this afternoon and her vitals are much better than last night. 

I am with a medically fragile partner, of which I am accepting.  It is of utmost importance that I take proper care of myself during her times of illness.  That means eating right, and not eating too much.  It means getting enough sleep.  And it means not trying to overdo.

Three Roses

My best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm sorry you're going thru this. A safe  :hug: for you if you want.

Hope67

Dear jdog - I hope your wife will recover and recuperate well, and I also wish you the best to self-care for yourself too - sending you a gentle and supportive hug, if that's ok  :hug:
Hope  :)

Deep Blue

Oh no Jdog,
I'm so sorry to hear about your wife.  Sending her healing thoughts and love.

You are right my friend.  Be sure to take care of yourself too.  The best way to help her is to make sure you are taking care of yourself.   :hug:

Jdog

Hope, ThreeRoses, and Deep Blue-

Your love and support mean so much at this time.  I will ALWAYS accept safe hugs, and thank you for those, too.  I am feeling a bit disoriented this morning and have a mad urge to clean the entire house but no time to do it before heading off to work.  I think I will divide that job into smaller morsels and do a bit each day after work.

Hope67

Hi Jdog,
I'm going to send you another safe hug, and hope you and your wife are ok.   :hug:  Thinking of you.
Hope  :)

Jdog

Thanks Hope!  She is just about to be released - just waiting in the hospital room for final discharge info.

Deep Blue

Glad to hear they are releasing her.  Just wanted to wish her more health and some rest to you both  :hug:

Jdog

sanmagic7

glad to hear she's coming home.  also wishing rest for the both of you.

i know how taxing it can be to have chronically ill people in one's life.  self-care is of the utmost importance.  i hope you can take some time for yourself, maybe an overnite in a motel, just a bit of time all for you.  don't know if it's possible, but i do know the benefits - i used to go away by myself for a weekend during the year and just veg out.  it was so rejuvenating not to have responsibilities for others for 48 hrs.

however it works best for you, tho, always.  love and hugs, sweetie.

Jdog

BeHea1thy-

Yes, both are home now.  Thanks for your sweet message.  It was a rough couple of days, not knowing for sure what was wrong and then catastrophizing, which meant little sleep.  My wife is on the slow path to regaining her strength now, thank goodness.  I don't have school tomorrow because am going for another X-ray on the bum foot to be followed by the appt. with my podiatrist.  Sigh.  I'm eating my ice cream and just staying as positive as I can.

Deep Blue

After catastrophizing, you could probably use a longer weekend.  I hope the 2 of you have a relaxing weekend.  Hopefully you hear good news about your foot too.

Much love  :hug:

Jdog

Yes, my system needs a "reset", for sure.    Thank goodness for National Public Radio, chocolate, my recliner, a therapist who allows me to email even after 2 1/2 years of no face to face contact, the wonderful new Barbara Kingsolver novel, beautiful pieces of chamber music, and all of my friends here at OOTS.

Thank you for your kind and generous spirit.

sanmagic7

good luck with your foot.  glad you've got all your 'goodies' at hand to help relax you.  this stuff is so draining.  love and hugs.

Jdog

I was able to see the xrays taken today alongside those from one month ago, and the fracture is healing.  There is less fear with more information, as you stated, BH.  I am to continue wearing the big ole boot for two more weeks, and can try transitioning into a smaller flat bottomed ortho shoe.

So, maybe I can do a little walking over Thanksgiving Break.  I'm still depressed, but slightly hopeful as well.  It's overwhelming being nursemaid to a sick spouse at the same time one is trying to heal one's own injuries.  But, doable.  And the spouse is starting to get better and able to eat a little bit.

Thanks for all the love and support, everyone.  It is much appreciated.