Not Alone on a New Path (2023-?)

Started by Not Alone, June 18, 2023, 12:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

Blueberry

sanmagic7

hope you're ok, notalone.  love and hugs :hug:

Not Alone

Thank you so much for checking in on me. That means a great deal to me. Life continues to be difficult. I hope to write more later and hopefully to read some others' journals.

Blueberry

Not Alone

:hug: back to you, Armee, Blueberry, & NarcKiddo.

I'm trying to catch up a little on the forum. I'm feeling a bit lost. Can't find journals of some members with whom I usually try to stay up to date. It's a bit triggering because I already feel disconnected.

I'm going to begin the process of looking for a new job pretty soon. The thought of updating my resume, etc. is overwhelming.

I was going to write more, but I'm finding myself to be a bit frozen/triggered.

Armee

Hi.  :hug:

Wow. Just writing about looking for a new job is a lot to get out. Take it slow. We are here.  :grouphug:

There's a new section for Journaling... you can be in either or both. The new section can only be read by people who are members of the forum. Having a section to journal in that is not open to the general public helped some of us feel safer. Just contact Kizzie she'll get you set up. I'll pop in a link in a moment.

https://www.cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=15429.0

https://www.cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=288.0

Bert

Hey Not Alone,

I'm not sure we've interacted before - I wanted to give you a big e-hug and send my support.

You write that you've been in a state of near constant EFs for 13 months or so, and I can resonate with this and how painful it is. I myself have been in the most awful of places pretty persistently for the past 5-6 months. Everything seems incredibly overwhelming.

Like you, I am also to update my resume and try get back into the workplace after having had to take so much time away to prioritise my health. It feels like it's going to be all so much.

I'm making a commitment to spend 30-60mins a day spending time with my inner child and my critic. The idea is to make the critic understand how tragic, and in need of his support (not exile) that boy needs. To accept where we are and to attempt to move forwards. I find that this has been of some help. Perhaps you could try that also?

Please don't feel obliged to try anything a random guy on a forum is suggesting, but I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you, and I'm here for you.  :hug:

sanmagic7

notalone, the same thing happened to me w/ the journals, but w/ several members' help i'm also in the new private journal section.  hope to see you there.

good luck w/ the resume.  i can relate to feeling overwhelmed when having to undertake a task like that.  at your own pace, ok?  love and hugs :hug:

Not Alone

Armee, it is great to hear from you. Your journal was one that I was hoping to read. Thanks for the links. The second one didn't work since I don't have access, but I requested access from Kizzie.

Bert, I appreciate your response and support. Looking for a job is a lot. I will make my next step in February. I have done a lot of inner child work. Good for you for giving time and energy to bring care to that little boy.

Thanks, San. I will take it step by step. I need to finish my current work contract, so I can't start a new job until June. Just writing that sentence makes me feel some panic!  :stars: Step by step.

Hope67

Hi Not Alone,
Just wanted to send you a hug and say 'hi'  :hug:
Hope  :)

Papa Coco

Not Alone,

I'm sending you a big hug also. :hug:

I'm a bit behind on my posts also, and it's good to reconnect with you today. Good luck on the upcoming job search.