Learning to care for my inner child

Started by Sprinkles, June 10, 2023, 10:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprinkles

[attach id=2263]innerme.jpg[

I started therapy on 2012. I hadn't thought about my inner child until therapy. I went through most of my young years using substances to pretend I wasn't bothered by the trauma and had moved beyond it.   

I settled down young and had children. I did break the cycle. Unfortunately things were volatile between their father and I. I had to leave and when I did, he tried turning them against me. There was a time I had to get my children from school because their dad didn't pick them up. During that occurrence I had an altercation with my oldest. It brought me back to when I was young and it shook me to my core. So I started therapy. 

In therapy art was promoted as a healing tool. I started to paint random things. One day I painted how I felt was on the inside, It appears while developing a tough exterior for myself, I created a blue monster I named Triumph to protect Little Sprinkles, 

In my painting from left to right is the gate keeper who  buries all the traumatic events, Triumph who protects and shields little Sprinkles, and little Sprinkles holding his hand,

dollyvee

Hi Sprinkles,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing and sharing your drawing here. It sounds like it was very cathartic for you and your parts to draw things out.

Sending you supporrt,
dolly