One Act of Kindness to Myself Today - Part 2

Started by Kizzie, February 19, 2023, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

This thread was started by Blueberry and reached 5 pages so I've locked that thread and am starting Part 2.

Blueberry

Copied over from the first post on Part 1: Based on an idea notalone gave me (thanks notalone!), I'm starting this thread for myself and anybody else who wants to join in. I figure there are probably more people on here than me who have difficulty doing themselves a kindness.

I started this thread in Lent 2020. Normally in the Christian religion you fast from something during Lent and I was posting about how triggering it is for me to be restricting myself. And then Notalone came up with a suggestion for me: https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=12143.msg98105#msg98105

So this thread is based on that.

It's not quite Lent yet, but anybody is free to start with an act of kindness to self before Lent too.

1) Today I gratefully allowed somebody else to do the actual work of digging a grave for my little furbaby who died i.e. I accepted help.

Kizzie

I am so so sorry about the loss of your fur baby BB  :hug:

Blueberry

Thank you Kizzie :hug:  It wasn't totally unexpected, but always sad. Fortunately I no longer react with the awful grief I used to.

_ _ _ _
One act of kindness to myself today. Hm. Have to wrack my brains. It would be an act of kindness to wash my feet and then put skin cream on them. So I'll do that before I go to bed.

Blueberry

Actually I didn't do those things to my feet last night.

I put ointment on them this morning instead.

In the afternoon when I had to wait around for a good while I did some stretching exercises and foot exercises and that kind of thing which helped me relieve some of the tension in my body.
(2 acts of kindness to myself)

Blueberry

I allowed myself a sleep in the afternoon when I obviously needed it.

Blueberry

It's just gone 8AM and I've already done myself an act of kindness: I slathered skin cream all over my hands and then put on old cotton gloves to let the skin cream really settle in. In fact 2 acts of kindness in 1, because normally I'd wait till the evening, but I did it right away because I could feel how badly my hands needed it!

Blueberry

Today I allowed myself an afternoon nap and slept soundly for several hours.
I also phoned a friend who is coming to help with packing tomorrow to ask her to bring something particular instead of including her in an email to everybody because phoning - tho more time-consuming - was emotionally easier.

Two acts of kindness to myself today :)

Blueberry

I blocked somebody on ebay who was bickering back and forth about an appliance I am giving away. I decided I can really do without this atm! A kindness to myself. Also :cheer: something I achieved which was difficult.

Blueberry

I am allowing myself to be helped, day in and day out atm.
Yesterday I also put skin cream on my hands.

Blueberry

For yesterday and today: I'm not allowing myself to get drawn into saving somebody else or trying to do so.

Blueberry

It was a kindness to myself today to force myself to leave the house and go to the library.

Dina

Today I was kind to myself and my body: I got up from bed, I did some exercise and finally took a shower and washed my hair!!

tryingtokeepmoving

Today it was hard to get out of bed, but I made myself a large breakfast and played with the cats. I tried to be kind to myself when I thought of everything I didn't get done.

Hope67

It was a kindness to myself today to use a special conditioner on my hair.  It felt like a real luxury and something really nice to do.