Snowdrop's journal

Started by Snowdrop, August 03, 2019, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owl25

All the tea and cheerleaders you need, and some chocolate to boot  :D  :cheer:  :waveline: :cheer:

Snowdrop

Thank you, Owl. The tea is most welcome, and I'm slurping it right now. And a :waveline: too! I feel honoured. :hug:

owl25

sanmagic7

Snowdrop

I've only told one friend that I have cptsd. She has been so supportive, and I treasure our friendship.

I heard this week that she's facing a serious health issue. It's been caught in time, thank goodness, but she will need invasive surgery.

I'm doing my best to support her, but I feel devastated, helpless. I keep going numb.

That's all I can say at the moment. :'( :disappear:

rainydiary

Thinking of you Snowdrop.  I notice how challenging it sounds to have such a trusted person experiencing something so difficult. 

Snowdrop

BeeKeeper

Snowdrop,

I'm sorry about your friend's health. It's scary and awful to try to "be there" for someone when I feel like I'm going to lose something good.
My default position is "doing" when all it calls for is presence. I hope you can be present for yourself too.  :hug:

sanmagic7

right beside you, snowdrop, as you battle thru the numbness.  i think it's a protective device - i experience it as well when i get overwhelmed.  hang in there, ok?  love and hugs :hug:

Armee

:hug: snowdrop.

It's ok to feel numb. I think it shows that your friend is so important to you that the emotions around her being unwell are overwhelming your ability to stay present and feel. That's a very loving statement toward your friend. If I were your friend I'd want you to tell me something about that. I'd want to know I am important to you.

I'm sorry you are going through this, Snowdrop.

Snowdrop

Thank you, Bee, San and Armee :grouphug:.

CactusFlower

hugs and support, Snowdrop. Sometimes one of the best things we can do for support is just listen, especially when someone doesn't feel good. If they do end up getting the surgery, maybe you could make or buy a meal that would be easy for them to eat while recovering? just a thought.

Snowdrop

Thank you, CactusFlower. I think the key thing is she knows I'm here and I care. :hug:

Still very, very busy. There's too much stuff going on at the same time. I'm thankful for my parts who are helping me through.

BeeKeeper

Snowdrop,

I've reading but not posting. Multi-tasking is sometimes beyond doable, so "busy" is a double-whammy. I like that you credit your parts for seeing you through. It helps to acknowledge that so one or two dimensional thinking and behaviors don't take over. The old "either/or" conundrum. Being there for your friend, moving ahead in your own life, and incorporating everything to be as balanced as possible is a job in itself. May you continue to access your entire being.  :hug:

sanmagic7

i'm thankful for them as well.  we need all the help we can get when going thru a rough patch.  love and hugs, snowdrop. :hug: