Three Good Things Today Part 8

Started by Kizzie, January 10, 2023, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

1) I did my meditation
2) I took my meds
3) I made it into town centre before noon and experienced some flow - one good thing followed another, none of which would have happened if I hadn't gone out of the house after all!
4) On and off :sunny:  :sunny:  is better than none at all, especially when unexpected :)

Blueberry

1) Fresh air coming into my bedroom through open window
2) I got up and did my meditation
3) I read a couple of posts here on OOTS but doing self-care and not responding.

Blueberry

1) I've just done my meditation again
2) It's evening so an unusual time for my meditation, but I have started up again, that's the main thing!
3) I do feel a bit better, a bit more hopeful for having done my meditation  :)

Blueberry

3 Good Things Today

1) Opening the window into the sunshine, feeling the sun on my face and looking down into the garden

2) Looking up names of flowers in English and seeing more photos of the flowers and information on the plants while I'm about it. I enjoy the whole process :)

3) Suddenly feeling the energy and general wherewithal to do a few things - phoned 3 friends to pass on some information and have a quick chat of whom I reached two + cleaned a couple of parts in my bathroom that really needed it and now I feel good and purposeful for having accomplished that rather than exhausted or otherwise triggered (as is often the case unfortunately)

3+ Good Things Over the Past Few Days

1) Working in the garden yesterday

2) Going into town centre yesterday morning and enjoying bumping into friends and having a quick chat, enjoying outdoor farmer's market, getting an enthusiastic greeting from one person at 'my' farm stand, doing a quick job for them that will help Sun/Mon whether or not I manage to go, enjoying the sun

3) Nice hot cup of tea
4) Getting the bus (free here on Saturdays) and walking as an alternative to cycling; I notice different things when I'm walking and go slightly different routes. Had a little waiting time and went to gaze at the river flowing deep and fast atm, not something I would normally do at that location if I have my bike with me

5) A friend's husband brought me the last remaining bulky item that he kindly took into his storage facility when I had to clear the storage area in previous building where I lived. It was in his storage room for 18 months :whistling:  :disappear: (tho there were reasons for that, mostly my exhaustion...)

6) Yesterday I got the call bus for part of my route and I was grateful that the person I spoke to when I was ordering it told me to go ahead and order because "that's what it's there for". I'd been thinking and said that if nobody else had ordered then it would be a kind of a waste so I 'should' just walk, since not really very far. Oh there's that 'should' again, so a doubly Good Thing that the bus co. employee said things that meant "Of course it's worth it just for you alone !"

7) I went to our local library's board games evening on Thursday. It was fun and sociable and I managed a good mix of mentally taxing game and a bit more relaxing and relaxed but not too easy

8 ) I have flowers in vases dotted all over my apt

9) Friday after trauma T, I managed about 12 minutes of the 15-min. meditation I'm meant to be doing daily if possible and it did help me settle better. It was good that I tried it when I felt it would be helpful and that I tried it at a different time from what I had been practising regularly (before stopping) which had been immediately on getting up.   

10) I feel more hopeful after trauma T on Friday