QUESTION RE JOURNALS

Started by Kizzie, August 14, 2023, 10:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

Hi Kizzie,
I like the idea of being able to choose where we post - i.e. being able to have journals in both places, and write in them as and when we want to (it's a good option to have) - because having thought about it, I think there would be some things I'd rather keep more hidden than at other times/places.  Therefore I think I'll opt to write in both places.  Not sure yet how it will go, but I think I like the options now.

I must admit that my parts were quite freaked out in the last few days, but thankfully today - I feel much calmer regarding everything.  So I am relieved.

Thank you for setting this option up for us, I think it could be really helpful. 

I am also mindful of what Blueberry has said. 

Hope  :)

Hope67

I just read what everyone else wrote - I somehow missed pages 2 - Bach, I also felt freaked out.  I think it would be understandable that certain parts would be worried about changes here.  This forum is so important - and any changes are bound to cause some issues for parts.   :hug:

Blueberry

Just for the record Bach and Hope, I got pretty worried when the suggestion of the first zoom group came up. Like for you too Bach, it triggered a number of issues in me about not belonging. The fears I had about how a zoom group might affect the forum haven't materialised, not in a way that's noticeable for me anyway. Good for me to note. Thank you both for writing it here because that shows me once again that I am not alone with these issues.  :)

Bach

Could I be added too, please?

Kizzie

BB I thought you were added but you weren't so I've added you now.  Bach, I've also added you.

Nasturtium

I am new to this forum. Interested in an online journal here. Can someone please direct me to where to set up my journal?

Also: Is there a key for some of the acronyms people use here? I am sometimes lost reading posts. And is there a way to respond directly to someone's posts or just be the next person who replies? Like on facebook where you put the @ sign in front of the person's name? How do we know if someone responded to a post we wrote?
Thank you!

Kizzie

Journals are here - https://www.cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=61.0.  Or if you concerned that it is public (anyone can read it), we have a private section for journals and only members with permission to go into that section can read your journal.

If you click on "Resources" at the top of this page you'll see a section for acronyms, and another for a glossary.

NarcKiddo

Quote from: Nasturtium on August 20, 2023, 04:41:31 PMI am new to this forum. Interested in an online journal here. Can someone please direct me to where to set up my journal?

Also: Is there a key for some of the acronyms people use here? I am sometimes lost reading posts. And is there a way to respond directly to someone's posts or just be the next person who replies? Like on facebook where you put the @ sign in front of the person's name? How do we know if someone responded to a post we wrote?
Thank you!

I don't think the @function works in the way you think it might. But if you quote a member's post (as I have done yours) then the member should get a notification that their post was quoted, and therefore responded to directly. If you go right up to the top left of the screen just above the title banner you should see a bell symbol with a notification number on it, indicating that I have quoted your post.

NarcKiddo

Kizzie - I do not want to move my current journal to the private section but I would like access to the private section, please, if that's OK.

Kizzie

Kizzie

I'm locking this thread now as requests to join the private section need to be posted here - https://www.cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=15429.0