Kat's 3 Good Things

Started by Kat, December 25, 2017, 09:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

Kat

Thanks, San.  I'll take the hug.   :hug:

1.  friendships
2.  reconnecting--though it can be tough
3.  silly cat videos--Have you seen the one where the cat crashes his bike in his sleep?  Look it up.

RecoveryRandal

Yay! What a great idea for a journal, and something I very much needed to see this morning.

Be well,
Randal

Kat

1.  hope
2.  good health
3.  good people

I went out for a jog yesterday.  I've been attempting to work out regularly, but haven't been able to do the regularly part.  I decided to try to get back into jogging, so I was doing some jog/walk intervals.  I had just finished the jog part as I rounded a corner.  Two houses down were two pit bulls who did not want me in their territory.  They were in an unfenced yard, so I crossed the street to walk opposite them as I passed.  One of them decided to walk out into the street toward me.  I was trying to figure out what the best approach would be.  I could stomp my foot and yell, but it might just make the dog angry.  Fortunately, a car was coming.  The dog didn't care one bit and stood its ground.  The gal pulled her car between me and the dog and rolled down her window.  I thanked her.  She stayed there until I made it way up the block.  I noticed also that the guy that lived in the house next to where the dogs were was standing on his porch ready to go into action if need be.  I'm so glad for good, thoughtful people.   

DecimalRocket

Lovely how even strangers can be nice to us, Kat. Shows how there can be good people like that even among the bad.

:hug:

Kat

1.  the sound of waves
2.  kitchen experiments
3.  inquisitive minds

Kat

1.  surrogate moms
2.  good books
3.  forward movement

Elphanigh

I love reading through this, such positive things in daily life.  :cheer:

Kat

Thanks for the feedback.   :)

1.  good food
2.  playfulness
3.  rain (finally!)

Hope67

Hi Kat,
Reading your 3 good things is very enjoyable - and I also read about your jog and how the lady helped you out - so you could pass by safely - that was very heart-warming.   I really like your Journal, it's uplifting.
Hope  :)

Kat

Thanks, Hope! 

1.  good news
2.  patience
3.  my very cozy, weighted blanket

Kat

1.  cool words like "indefatigable" (Especially as sung by Thom Yorke.)
2.  teenagers
3.  Hope for Paws videos

I'm sure I've skipped a day or two in the past, so I feel ok about listing 3 more for today.  ;)

1.  imagination
2.  creativity
3.  mental flexibility

DecimalRocket

Your journal has the unique style that it's the most relaxing one here.

I like cool words too. There are some words that don't have counterparts in the English language like 'monoaware' from Japanese - which means a gentle sadness at the impermanence of things in life.

Kat

Oooh...I like that word, DR! 

1.  sleeping in
2.  Edward Gorey
3.  documentaries

Kat

1.  rowdy geese flying in the evening sky
2.  second chances
3.  acknowledgement