BeHea1thy's Kinship Caregiver Break

Started by BeHea1thy, December 03, 2014, 08:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeHea1thy

I have been recruited, once again to set up a complete care giving network for my bio sis who is wasting away and challenges me to keep her from starving to death. Pardon the realism. Had different flavors of " helping" over 10 years, but now I am wiser and have a zest to live my own life fully. Boundaries included. So, engaging daily with agencies, individuals, case managers, medical professionals and probably at the end of the day, the courts. Intense stuff, so will return or come back randomly as I am able. Everyone has been great and you've helped me grow.

Hugs to each and every one.  :hug:

keepfighting

Hi, BeHea1thy,

frankly, it sounds like quite an unpleasant and exhausting task you have in front of you.

I wish you peace and strength in all of it and hope that you'll be able to take good care of yourself as well.  :hug:

I'm gonna miss your posts and look forward to your next ones!

Love and peace and happiness to you!  :yourock:

kf

schrödinger's cat

Good luck, BeHea1thy.  :wave:  I wish you all the best, and I'm definitely hoping you'll come back.

Kizzie

Take care BH and don't let the situation take too much from you  :hug:

Badmemories

BeHealthy:

I am going to miss Your posts!  :'( Hope You get time to come and visit us once in a while.  :yes:

Be sure and take care of Yourself. Do something each day for Yourself. I hope Your sister gets better!

and don't forget to keep on keeping on!  ;)  one last marquee for You!  ;D

:hug: :bighug: :yourock:  :hug: :bighug: :yourock:  :hug: :bighug: :yourock:  :hug: :bighug: :yourock:  :hug: :bighug: :yourock:

Badmemories

Rain:  :hug: :hug:

I will miss Your thoughtful posts and You positive spirit. Bless You with Your work and may it all go well!

Don't forget Keep On keeping on!  ;)  :hug:

marycontrary

PLEASE make sure you can emotionally afford this. God bless....

Rain

I hope you are well, and managing your current "storm" well, BeHea1thy!   Sending you a  :hug:

Kizzie

Oh dear BeHealthy, you need lots of  :hug:

We had to do this with my MIL some years ago and it was a really difficult time for everyone.  We just kept trying to focus on the fact that she would have trained professionals to care for her 24/7.

Try and keep some emotional energy back just for you, nothing has to be done perfectly and things will unfold more slowly now that she is in care.  I had to arrange getting my parents into an assisted care residence practically overnight and I let myself burnout - I was a crying, anxious mess by the time I got everything arranged (this was before OOTF and long before OOTS).  So as much as possible rest and take breaks, she's in good hands.   

We're here if you need some support!   :yes:

Rain

BeHea1thy    Huge  :hug: for you.   This is intense what you are going through, and I'm grateful you grasp that and are taking care of yourself!   Please stay "sane" ...yes, this will pass, but this is a considerable storm, and your personal life as it is really needs the support of others, and here you are in support of your sister.   Many  :hug: s for you, friend.

Kizzie

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's half brother BeHealthy, you really do have a lot of stress right now. 

I'm so glad to hear you will look out for yourself, we are used to others needing things from us and often forget that we have needs. And if we have dysfunctional/abusive FOO they will not be concerned about taking, taking, taking from us so we have to be the guardians of our time and energy. Re your M, once the main things are taken care of, the rest will come in time and actually the more clear headed (rested) you are the better your decisions will be for all concerned.   

We can't do much to help except listen and make a few suggestions but we are here for you, so post as much as need be.   :hug:

keepfighting

I am very sorry to hear about your daughter's loss.  :hug:

I wish I could think of anything useful to say to help you in all of this or offer you some practical help so you'd get a moment to yourself.

Sending you cyber hugs and good thoughts.  :bighug:

I hope there'll be easier times for you in the near future. Hang in there!

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Kizzie

Glad to hear your daughter is doing better than you thought she would BeHealthy, and that you have arranged for a counseling appointment.  Here's hoping the migraines and early hour awakenings subside soon.   :hug:

Kizzie

Good grief BeHealthy, that's so much on your plate.  :stars:  I don't think there's much that I can say to help other than to tell you I feel for you and  I really hope you are able to make arrangements for care for your sister that will be long term as soon as possible.  At least if she is in suitable and safe care 24/7 that will not be hanging over you on a daily basis.  Once we finally got my MIL in care it was like we could breathe again.  :hug:

Kizzie

PS - I'm not sure why your "Modify" button is not working, but I will check into it and see what's what.

Kizzie

Well that's interesting about your tablet, I can see "Modify" on my iPad.  I'll let my helper at OOTF know he can stand down.

Nothing can quite prepare you for the care taking of FOO especially when they are not functioning well can it?  I'm really sorry for what you're going thru  :hug: