Just sent an email not I am anxioua about it

Started by barbidoll, October 18, 2017, 01:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbidoll

So I sent an email to my son's father stating I would not be signing over full custody to him. He has been giving me ultimatums about this lately.  I also stated there was no reason for him to be showing up at my house except to pick up and drop off our son.  I said I needed an email the day before a visit giving me information about when he is picking up and dropping him off.  I stated what the order says about two overnights and the 8 week long visits. I also pointed out that we are supposed to work together on the visits but if he is not even consulting me then it is a moot point.
  I got anxious before I even sent it and am still anxious. He might not see it until if he gets off of work tomorrow morning. I don't expect he will take it well or that he will actually even respect my wishes.  Tomorrow somehow I need to explain to my son that Dad should only be coming for drop offs and pick ups in a way that will hopefully keep his father from making me seem like an evil witch for expecting some respect for me and my mom and my role as his mom. 
  I know I can't control how he reacts but it is scary wondering how he will react. 

AphoticAtramentous

Hope it all turns out okay for you, Barbi. ^^ Keeping you in my thoughts.

barbidoll

Well that went well. Is there an emoji that bags its head against a wall? Or pulls out its hair?  ???  I got two responses back. One where he accuses me of many violations of the court order. Accuses me of treating our son like a possession for saying I won't sign a way full custody in response to him tell me to make a choice about it. Oh he said I must be related to Trump.  He again says he will bring our son food whether I like it or not. Tells me to get a restraining order for it. Threatens CPS again. Dares me to say no to our son about extended visits. and accuses me of getting bad advice in the court's eyes.
Thenhe send me another email and this is the fun one. He says he has a phone record of me consenting from Friday. This is interesting because I am not all sure that it is okay to record kid's phone calls in my state. I never talked to him directly and if he did have such a record it would show him saying, "I don't care" when our son said I hadn't said anything yet. My consent was only given to keep our son out of a fight that his father would have no problem bringing him into. He then says can ypu say phone record. He goes on to kind of not spell  but pronunciate phone record as if I am stupid. He then goes on to say he has records he can pull up from our son's phone because he is the administrator of that phone. This time he says can you say emails and then does the pronunciation pronunciation thing with emails. My gmail account is connected to our son's phone. So far common thought is he is saying he has alreadt accessed my email or is threatening to. Oh and a friend just pointed out to me todat that he has pictures of my daughter on his facebook. She is not his kid abd he posted them after I left him. Like a year after I left. I am going to help my daughter report them tomorrow because I asked her if she was comfortable with it and she said no. One of the pictures is of her half dressed at about 5 years old. I am creeped out by that. 

Blueberry

I'm sorry for all what you're going through, barbi. Not having children or an ex, I feel I have nothing constructive or useful to say. Except, it seems to me you're struggling (I would be too because I always am when triggered by whatever) and I'm wondering if reading and maybe even posting over at http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tj294av0jcacuc5577r3jtu5b2&board=9.0 might help a bit.

I read at Out of the Fog too (and post under a different name from Blueberry) partially because of there being far more posters and therefore experience over there. We need to be careful there, not to be triggered when they are complaining about their PDs (people with personality disorders), because some PD behaviour is similar to what some of us do with C-PTSD too. That's sort of why Kizzie developed Out of the Storm, she saw a need for a whole separate forum for us. And there is need! But sometimes it helps me to go over there and read about how others set limits and deal with people in their lives who have a PD, or behave as if they do. Your ex sounds that way with the mind games and threats.