The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

::sits beside you with two mugs of tea::

I could use some company, too. Quiet is fine with me. ;)

Elphanigh

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your company, and the tea. It doesn't have to be silent I promise, just calm. Need a place of peace and comfort. I am glad you are sitting with me tonight.  :hug: :hug:

Blueberry

Quote from: woodsgnome on October 20, 2017, 02:43:13 AM
I've built a little "treasure box", if it needs a name. It's just a little container for those who might want some tactile object or some soothing objects while they're here. ....

So in it there'll be some items like crayons and colouring books, painting supplies, little notebooks to write in, some puppets or teddy bears to play with, treats for pets, tea supplies, candles, incense, other simple items. Maybe some musical instruments even.

It's a brilliant idea, woodsgnome. I used to have one on paper, called Trauma First Aid Kit but I lost it. Now I have a Life Basket (like Life Jacket / Life Ring). It's a real little basket I made with symbols for everything that can be helpful for me during EFs. Using the senses is a big part of that, for me especially nice smells and tactile. It's good to have everything in one space.

Elphanigh

Sitting here tonight, in a blanket of comfort and safety. I am struggling tonight, and am glad to have the porch to go to. I haven't slept well, so if I dose off I know I will be safe here. Surrounded, even at a distance, by the people that inhabit the porch with me. If I do sleep here, just watch over me a bit if anyone is here tonight. This is a magical place, but I know my feelings of hyper vigilance will take time. It is good to know someone is probably around tonight.

Anyways, there is a warm blanket and comfy porch chair calling my name tonight. I may not be lively company tonight, but if anyone needs me I will be there

Three Roses

I'm around too, my dog Ben and I will be watchful.

Elphanigh

Thank you. I am glad to have you and Ben around tonight. I know it sounds silly but it eases my mind

Three Roses

Doesn't sound silly at all ;)

Elphanigh

Glad it didn't sound silly. It helped me get to sleep   :hug:

Sceal

I need this porch today. Not sure what I'll do here.. but I just need a safe place

Kat

I haven't been here in quite a while.  I need it today.  I'd like to just curl up under a blanket and doze for a bit.  A cup of tea would be nice, too. 

Elphanigh

I make excellent tea, whichever kind you would like.  :hug: I will be here to supply tea and company to anyone that needs it tonight.

Sceal

Some tea sounds lovely, spicy one for me please. No sugar or milk!  :bigwink:

Elphanigh

I have a lovely spiced chai irl that you would enjoy. I will make some on the porch for you  :)

Blueberry

I've just dropped by to see what you've all been doing the last while.  I think I should spend some more time here.

sanmagic7

i'm here the rest of the day, just to nap, rest, relax.  thinking of carving a pumpkin to place on the railing tonight.  just a bit of fun for halloween.  so good to be with everyone here.  twirling my skirts for a minute and spreading love around.  that feels good.  big exhale.