The healing porch

Started by Wife#2, July 10, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife#2

:hug: just for you, MRose

My shoulder is waterproof, so if you want to shed a tear as you cope, feel welcome. Wafting from the house or garden is your favorite scent, that scent that always meant something good. The blankets all have magical powers to sooth, comfort, bring peace or whatever it is you need at the moment.

You don't have to say or type a word. We're here with you. We care about you. You are surrounded to the level you are comfortable with people who only want the best for you. Or, you can have that hug, and then have the porch to yourself as long as you need it. Whatever brings you the most comfort, friend.

woodsgnome

I've had a 'monkey mind' sort of day and need to head for the porch. I'll be shoreside, actually, where I intend to build a nice fire to warm my soul as the night cools. Then--nothing--maybe chop and split a few more logs, if needed, but then settling in for the peace I crave tonight.

Peace doesn't mean I won't welcome friends, as you all are. So if you want to, wander down, warm some tea or just enjoy the fire, and relax into the night, alone but with each other and a canopy of stars as the stillness washes over us.

Three Roses

::wanders down to stare at the fire and breath in the night with Woodsgnome::

Elphanigh

If that fire is still going, I will come a wander down next to it. Just going to sit and breathe in the air, with the warmth of the fire next to me.

M.R.

Today I am in a better light and am able to enjoy the porch. While I am still sitting by myself just observing, I have brought my sewing kit. No need for a big noisy sewing machine here. :) And as I am sewing I am enjoying the warmth of the sun on my skin with a faint breeze that brings all the smells of the porch to me. The scent of our flowers, the smoke from the fire pit and of the ocean. I hear quite chatter from those of us here, the scurrying of animal feet as the play and the whistle of the tree leaves as the breeze passes through them. And as I register all of what is going on around me, I feeling of contentment settles. I have no idea what I'm making. I'm just letting my hands do what they may.

Sceal

Sounds lovely MelodieRose, what are you sewing?

I'm feeling pretty empty and in need of some love and comfort today. So I'm wrapping myself up in a big blanket for security, and just stare out towards the colourful autumn landscape.

rbswan

I need the healing porch today.  In the midst of some identification earlier, I'm "feeling" my story again in that unnamable ball of emotion in my chest and stomach.  My very young, innocent inner child is very anxious and scared.  Hot cocoa and wrapped in a blanket near the back of the porch on the sunny side.  Watching safe people have fun.

M.R.

Sceal, I don't really know. The repetitiveness of the needle going back and forth through the cloth just helps me. I actually haven't made anything recently IRL, and I should get back to it. I've made pillows, shorts, pj pants, and quite a few costumes for when I was involved in my theatre department at my college. Mainly I just like the little projects of repairing something. (:

Melodie

Elphanigh

Going to sit here tonight. I think for starters I am going to have a walk down by the water, it always has a calming affect on me. Right now I just need some inner peace and comfort

Elphanigh

I am going to rest here tonight, with a view of the stars and moon above my head. It hasn't been a scary and triggering day with my dad in surgery (he came out okay). I think I will lay in my hammock, between my favorite tree, with a little place in the tree that holds my cup of tea. Then will just listen to the water, sounds of nature, and anyone else that happens to be on the porch tonight

woodsgnome

I hope it's okay to add a little something to the porch? It'll be placed as unobtrusively as possible, but it might be of use to some who venture here for comfort and relaxation.

I've built a little "treasure box", if it needs a name. It's just a little container for those who might want some tactile object or some soothing objects while they're here. I know there's already some items like these around the porch, but there's something intriguing about pulling some things out of a special place.

So in it there'll be some items like crayons and colouring books, painting supplies, little notebooks to write in, some puppets or teddy bears to play with, treats for pets, tea supplies, candles, incense, other simple items. Maybe some musical instruments even.

Did I say "treasure box"? Maybe "Magic Box/Imagination allowed" works better, as the box's contents will hopefully allow the rational mind to take a rest, and the porch's visitors will find only and exactly what they need in the box...the wonder and magic will do the rest. And finally, the creativity that many of us were denied or had to hide will find the freedom of expression as our true selves emerge.

Three Roses

What a great idea! Thanks Woodsgnome  :hug:

Elphanigh

I love that idea! Thank you woodsgnome  :cheer:

Kizzie

I'd like to add some Lego  :yes:   My son and I used to build our own versions of things like country fairs with rides, car washes, neighbourhoods, etc., and we had so much fun.  I know it was younger me there just having a good time with my son, relaxing and being creative  :)

Elphanigh

Going to be hear tonight with anyone that is around. I would like to not bw comepletely alone, but still in a calm setting. Not a lot of talk, just someone I can know is near by.

Think I will sit on the porch with a wsrm blanket of comfort, and security. With my dog Milo, from my families home at my feet. Oh, and some nice chamomile tea with honey.

I love thay this place exists. Even just writing this out can help calm the fragments of an ef that I am fighting