Posting Personal Info/Pics

Started by Kizzie, June 28, 2017, 05:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Hi Everyone - Just another guideline reminder to please be cautious when posting personal info such as your real name, a pic of yourself, details that identify you in one way or another, etc.,  as anyone can join this forum.  We urge caution here because it is the Internet and we can't know who exactly someone is in real life.  We also recommend the same caution with anyone you are emailing/talking with off the forum for the same reason.

Not to scare anyone   :no:  just a reminder to practice self-care  :yes:

Thanks! 

Kizzie

Lingurine

Thank you for the reminder Kizzie  :wave:

Lingurine

Kizzie

It's a choice of course.  I have a pic of our dog but am not worried about my FOO finding me because they would never show up in a forum like this, (and even if they did I'd hope they would read on because there's not much they can do to me any more and they might just learn something, although I doubt that with them having NPD   :sadno:).

So if you're not concerned it's ok.  We just wanted to remind those of you who may be new and haven't thought of the need to protect personal info.

Lingurine

For me it's different, I come from Europe and I doubt it that people of my country come here much. Let alone would recognize what I write, so that's very safe  :thumbup:

Lingurine

Blueberry

Quote from: Kizzie on June 28, 2017, 05:41:17 PM
  We also recommend the same caution with anyone you are emailing/talking with off the forum for the same reason.
Kizzie
Thanks for this bit of the reminder too.

Kizzie

Lingurine - Glad to hear it   :thumbup:   

Blueberry - Unfortunately it's the down side of connecting online isn't it? While many of us find we can share our experiences more easily because it is anonymous, we don't know who's on the other end for certain.  :Idunno:   I certainly don't want to scare anyone away from building a relationship off board, just remind everyone once in a while to be cautious and take things slowly when doing so.