Brand New

Started by QuietChaos, April 30, 2017, 02:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuietChaos

Hello all,
I wanted to make a post to introduce myself. My name is Christine and I am 39 this year and have 3 children. I am an adult child of two alcoholics and trying to get thru my journey to some kind of peace. I have complex PTSD and I have been in therapy for 20+ years although the variance in therapists really is huge.
My parents are still living for for 6  months we have had a no contact contract in place because they still are very toxic.  Today we had a mediated visit. It was a little nuts. My parents who until now had lied and gaslighted me my whole life broke down and admittedso many things that had profound impact on my life. I have a LONG recovery ahead but validation of the truth helped.
I am just beginning to come to terms with it all. Anyway I am really struggling.

Three Roses

Welcome, QuietChaos! You're among others who totally understand how you are feeling. Here, you can be yourself, say how you really feel, and be listened to and validated. Just knowing I'm not alone in this has helped me a lot. I hope you have the same experience. ♡

Thanks for joining!  :heythere:

mourningdove

Welcome, QuietChaos!

Glad to hear that you got some helpful validation from your parents. I'm sorry you are struggling, but I'm glad you are here. :)

Candid

Quote from: QuietChaos on April 30, 2017, 02:45:04 AM
My parents who until now had lied and gaslighted me my whole life broke down and admittedso many things that had profound impact on my life. I have a LONG recovery ahead but validation of the truth helped.

Lucky you! And guess what? You'll get a whole lot more validation here from people who've been through what you've been through. It helps a lot with the struggle to make sense of ourselves and our lives.

I'm glad you found us, Christine. :hug: