My Ugly Truth...

Started by woodsgnome, April 08, 2017, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsgnome

Candid noted that: "What we constantly tell ourselves about ourselves is the double-edged sword." My own two edges point to knowledge and self-love.

While the knowledge point has been sharpened and honed (though still needing maintenance), the self-love edge has resisted and is always rusty. It needs restoring but love was always so hung up in pain and confusion there's no restore point left. Instead, I'll need to create one.

Maybe I really can find how to work that side up to a sheen and sharpness that's worthy and whole. Then I'll have a beautiful sword of knowledge and love so strong it will require a capital L to describe.

The project, then, is to create it with new polish and other finishing tools, starting with the insights and wisdom shared on this forum. Already I can detect a slightly sharper look to the love side and I need to stay open to its possibilities. Maybe it'll bear the quality of a museum piece, but I'm not giving away what will be so precious. Sharing it, though--by all means it would be of the type to share, not store away.

Three Roses

QuoteMaybe I really can find how to work that side up to a sheen and sharpness that's worthy and whole. Then I'll have a beautiful sword of knowledge and love so strong it will require a capital L to describe.

Yes! Love this! :cheer: