C-PTSD just diagnosed

Started by margerys_pet, November 21, 2014, 12:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margerys_pet

Hi, I'm Chris and I have restarted therapy recently after heightening of symptoms. Already have had lots of talk therapy (did I say lots? LOTS!) Now doing EMDR with a wonderful woman who I found accidentally thru my insurance provider. She has diagnosed c-ptsd :stars: I am reeling from memories and flashbacks and not sleeping very soundly despite PTSD meds. Glad to have found you all and looking forward to meeting you!

Rain

Hi Magerys_pet!   I will leave out the name you used, as you may want to remove that from your post.   We do not use real life names here as this is the Internet after all!

It gives you privacy.

I hear you on the lots of therapy, and the long road here.   Flashbacks and emotions.   Welcome to CPTSD, and most of all, the start to your Journey to Healing.

Let us know how your EMDR goes.   It can be a bit of a challenge with CPTSD, but since the EMDR therapist diagnosed CPTSD, then she clearly has awareness of it!   yeah!!

At some point, share more on your background so we can get to know you.

Also, a visit to Pete Walker's web site www.pete-walker.com will tell you a lot on CPTSD.   His book is excellent and one many of us use in our healing.

Glad you are here!!

Rain

schrödinger's cat

Hi Magerys_pet, pleased to meet you! I hope you'll find something helpful here.

keepfighting

Hi, margerys pet,

nice to meet you on this forum!

I'm sorry you are dealing with EFs and sleeping problems right now. That's tough!  :hug: It all just adds up, doesn't it?

The good news is that dealing with CPTSD is not always as intense as it is now - it comes and goes in waves, some are higher and more intense than others - but there'll also be calmer waters in your future.

It sounds like you've got good professional help irl.  :thumbup: I hope that knowing you're not alone will also help you - CPTSD can feel so isolating and here are a lot of people who empathise and understand what you're saying.  :hug:

Best wishes!

kf