Eerie Anne's Journal

Started by Eireanne, March 20, 2023, 01:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

your entry, EA, under the idea that mentally strong people don't give up - but maybe it's time to give up, move on, do something different in order to not make the same mistakes - really resonated w/ me.  i've been told how strong i am over and over in my life, but when was it my time to be 'weak'?  i've finally begun giving myself permission to do just that, and it's helped.  just to be down for a bit, then i get the strength back better than ever.

again, these sound like absolutes, which i'm not a fan of, and i don't believe they're necessarily true.  not for everyone.  i've heard this kind of thing too often for too long and i just ignore them now.  sometimes i even feel angry about them, like 'don't try to cover me w/ the same blanket as everyone else! this is wool and it itches!!! so, leave me alone!'

ack.  i got riled up just thinking about it.  you don't have to buy into them either, EA.  love and hugs :hug:

Hope67

Hi Eireanne,
I wanted to send you a hug  :hug: - I read what you wrote in the red font, your experiences, and I felt some feelings of upset over the things you've experienced.  Those suggestions written in black ink - they were 'absolutes' (great term that SanMagic said), and most likely difficult to achieve in real life.

Anyway, I also send you love and hugs  :hug:
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

thinking of you.  love and hugs :hug: