Hi! I'm new here.

Started by Ravenclaw, June 13, 2016, 05:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravenclaw

Hello. I am attempting something new. I've never used a forum before. I'm here for support to help cope with CPTSD.

Alone time is as necessary to me as air. My nerves are frayed after spending much time around anyone. But I am concerned with how isolated I've become. I left my job over a year ago, which was a in very social atmosphere. I'm still unemployed, and I stay home alone every day. So the amount of interaction with others has decreased drastically from that alone.

I have been focusing on my well being in a multitude of ways, but it has left me feeling extremely disconnected from others. I don't feel comfortable casually discussing my life anymore, so I don't feel like I can talk to people without a painful question or comment arising. I am hoping that I can find a way to get past that. Maybe this is a start.

Three Roses

Ravenclaw;

Hello and welcome! We're here for you. :hug:

Kizzie

This is definitely a good start Ravenclaw so kudos for having the courage to post  :applause:  I can certainly relate to needing time alone  :yes:   but feeling lonely at the same time. Being here has helped me with that and I hope the same will hold true for you  :hug:

Boatsetsailrose

Hi raven claw
Welcome ...
I relate !! A lot ...
Quote 'alone time is as necessary to me as air' this is such a good way to say it and I hadn't thought of it like that ...
I guess the thing is that we can't get too much fresh air but my experience is I can get too much alone time and it becomes detrimental ...
But saying that I do seem to need more alone time than the average person - frayed nerves from a condition that has a heightened nervous system -- I am just reading 'the body keeps the score ' at the moment and I'm getting more and more that I need to do exercise sometimes  to de frag rather than crash on my bed --
Also learning to be in my own energy whilst around others I find this difficult I see that my attention and physicality are too directed towards others ... An open book .. Like I don't own my own skin

Quote ' focusing on my wellbeing'
That's so good to hear, it's so good for us to do this with cptsd. Self care is something I've learnt to do more of and give healing and calm to myself ..
I guess it's about balance I know for me I can be all or nothing and I'm still working on this -
I too have fallen into spending too much time alone and feeling lonely but on the other hand it's how I've coped ..
Having people around I can be me with cptsd is important and luckily I do 12 step programmes where I can be honest about where I am at and not recieve judgement --
Maybe a group would be good for you ...

LanaBanana

Welcome to OOTS Ravenclaw!  :heythere:

You're not alone in your struggles with people! I find it hard to be around people and need a lot of alone time as well, but I get lonely too and have a hard time with that.
I hope you'll be able to find a nice support group here, we've all gone through traumatic experiences and can relate.
We're happy to have you here!  :hug:  :)