Hello

Started by myk9ma, June 13, 2016, 02:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk9ma

Hello.

I've been feeling very lost recently. I don't really know what to do with my life, or how to move on,  or what's next. I've done some research and reading about CPTSD and from what I can tell I am a freeze type. I like to escape using video games and have a hard time doing anything considered productive, I'm disconnected from my emotions and haven't really felt anything for months if not years.

I want to get help though. I want to get better. I want to be productive and be able to DO things again. I'm hoping that having somewhere to write my thoughts and feelings will help.

So, um, I guess that's it. Hi.

LanaBanana

Hi Myk9ma and welcome to OOTS!  :heythere:

I think you came to the right place. You can post and write about how you're feeling and what you've been through, we're here to support you through it. :hug: Your desire to get better and work on yourself is a great first step in healing from trauma and takes a lot of courage!  :applause:

I hope you find the resources you need on this forum to work through your pain and get better  :)

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS myk9ma  :heythere:  Finding your way here and posting does likely mean you are ready to unfreeze so kudos for gathering up the courage to take a (big) step toward healing.  :applause:  We do suggest taking baby steps as it took a long time for CPTSD to develop and slow and steady in recovery seems to be best for most of us.   :hug:

Three Roses

Hello and welcome! I also identify as a "freeze" type.  :hug:

Be sure to check out the resources listed. I've found them so helpful since I started dealing with my CPTSD recently. Pete Walker is an excellent source of support and insight; his books and website.

myk9ma

Thank you for all the welcomes it really means a lot to me.  :)

I already have Pete Walkers book "Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving" and I'm reading it a little at a time. I have found it's helpful and also kind of intense to read.

This is the best I have been feeling in a while so thank you again everyone.  :)

Kizzie

:hug: and another one for good measure  :hug: