New and Nervous

Started by featherfalling, June 01, 2016, 07:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

featherfalling

Hi everyone!

I'm trying out the whole forum experience, as everything I've read encourages seeking out other people to talk to about these things, people who can relate.  I'm also currently between therapists, which I'm trying to fix, but work travel is making that difficult.  Hopefully I can meet some cool people here to talk to.

I'm not really good with introductions, so apologies if this is rambling and disorganised.  I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety (MDD and GAD) but after doing a fair bit of reading on the subject, CPTSD really seems to fit my symptoms to a T. All the flashbacks, dissociation, severe trust issues, etc.  The trauma is from my Mum's emotional abuse and neglect throughout my childhood and into my college years.

About me (apart from my issues) - I'm a civil engineer, I have two cats, I like video games and books.  So, um, hi? :spooked:

mourningdove

Hi featherfalling!  :wave:

I'm not good with introductions either, so I know how hard they can be, but you did just fine!

Welcome!  :hug:

Three Roses

Welcome! I also hate introductions... where do you start? Is it better to give too much or too little information? Lol ... you did great. I also need to find a therapist, but reading stuff here is helping me learn. Cheers!  :wave:

featherfalling

Thanks to both of you for the welcome, and for the reassurance about my intro post!  :)

Dutch Uncle

Hi, Featherfalling.  :wave: and welcome.  :hug:

Kizzie

Hi Featherfalling and a warm welcome to OOTS  :heythere:

You are definitely in the right place and will find lots of people to relate to here.  I hope you find the comfort, support and information that you need to help you recover  :hug:

PS - My son just graduated from Mech Eng and is going on to a Masters in Biomedical Eng - some fascinating career choices in Eng!

LanaBanana

Hi featherfalling!  :heythere:

Welcome to the group! From what you've described, this sounds like the right place for you. I hope you"ll be able to find the support you need here.
Your introduction was great by the way  ;)