Today I am grateful for .... (Part 2)

Started by Kizzie, February 17, 2016, 01:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Blueberry

Today I feel grateful that the country in which I'm living does not plan to kick under-earning foreign nationals (like myself) out because of a change in status, even though the country I am a national of is threatening this very action. (Sorry fellow posters, a bit political, but I am very grateful to this country which I've made my home, even if I'm not a national.)

shadow

the fact that I still have a sense of humour (even though sometimes its on holiday).

Blueberry

my friends IRL who gather round when I feel too sick to go out of the house, and bring things from the grocery store, and phone to see how I'm doing. Which is much appreciated since I live on my own.

Deb

Like this thread. Have wanted to do a regular gratitude practice regularly but need a friend to do it with to keep motivation going.
I am grateful for my support worker cooking food for me. The love of my cat. Owning a car.

Deb

Today I am grateful for getting a new laptop delivered, cuddles from my cat Sam, talking to a friend Sarah on messenger, having a hydrotherapy session in a nice pool not far from where I live.

Strawberry Tooth

Relying on old technology to view the eclipse (Lucky Charms box, tin foil, tape, and scissors) led me out of my apartment.  If I had stayed in and watched it on NASA, I would have missed the crescent-shaped sun dapples hiding under the trees.  One side of my shadow on the sidewalk was blurry, the other side crisp.  I met a boy who ran down from his porch to show me his special sunglasses.  I tried them on and I can't describe how beautiful it was not just to see the face of the eclipse, but to know that what I was looking at was this massive, churning ball of unkempt fire, previously completely taboo to view; and in front of it, the body of the moon I know so well. 

Blueberry

For Gratitude, check here: http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?topic=7279.msg48252#new

I should have put it in this thread, but seem to have been too confused to do so.   :stars:

Blueberry

1) That somebody invited me to share a hot meal
2) That one of my students cancelled
3) I miss my Little Furry Creatures but I'm grateful that somebody else is looking after them properly atm, because I wouldn't be doing so if they were here.
4) That this forum exists

Jdog

This is my 9th wedding anniversary - legally married to another woman - never would have thought this could be possible when I was a young person.  Grateful, also, for sticking with my marriage through some very rough patches (mine, hers, ours).  Such great support I have in my work, my friendships, the community at large.  CPTSD hasn't derailed me from the ability to be myself and to continue growing.  Healing happens.

woodsgnome

Jdog: "Healing happens."

Thanks for that reminder, and congratulations on your 9th anniversary.

:yeahthat:                  :cheer: :thumbup: :applause:

Wife#2

Being loved by IRL people, people on this forum and even my puppies!

Remembering that love is best when shared - that's how it can grow!

Having a job - that's been a big one lately.

Rediscovering my patience. It had gone missing, but I found it.

Blueberry

Quote from: Wife#2 on September 22, 2017, 06:42:50 PM
Being loved by IRL people, people on this forum and even my puppies!

Yay for puppies! Was just wondering today how your puppies are.

Quote from: Wife#2 on September 22, 2017, 06:42:50 PM
Rediscovering my patience. It had gone missing, but I found it.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sceal

I am grateful today to be alive :)
I am grateful that I've found this place
And I am grateful that I can walk on two legs

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Sceal on September 22, 2017, 10:08:04 PM
I am grateful today to be alive :)
I am grateful that I've found this place
And I am grateful that I can walk on two legs
:cheer: :applause:

I'm grateful that I can leave the house whenever I need the space, go wherever I want, be and do what I want without someone telling me what to do.