Totally new this

Started by Simpleton, October 18, 2015, 12:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpleton

Hello. I have been in a tumultuously dysfunctional relationship for 10 years now.  My partner has CPTSD and has been asking me to educate myself on this subject. I am more of a "hands on" kinda problem solver who doesn't really like to delve into the "why" of things.
I finally started doing some research last week. I feel like I have opened my eyes for the first time in a long time. In my ignorance I have fuelled fires when thinking I was putting them out. 
I am tired of being part of the problem and am intent on becoming part of The Solution.
I am hopeful that through the knowledge and experiences of others I can gain the tools to be the friend my partner has needed for a long time now.
Thank you to the creators of this site, and to you all for being here and for sharing.

Dutch Uncle

Hi Simpleton  :wave:

I'd like to welcome you to the site. Awesome you are looking into the cPTSD of your partner.  :thumbup:
There is a dedicated section on this site for "those who love 'them' ":
"When Someone in Your Life has CPTSD" http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?board=12.0

I hope and wish you'll find much support there, and feel free to view and/or contribute to the many other sections of this site as well.

Welcome again,
:hug:
Dutch Uncle.