Hi

Started by SadieMist, August 05, 2015, 05:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadieMist

I have a diagnosis of PTSD/ complex PTSD.  I have been in therapy for a few years as a result of being raised by parents that prob have personality disorders (my therapist and I are in agreement they prob do) and from being sexually abused by a relative that moved in with our family when I was in high school.  I do not remember an entire year or more of my high school years.  I am now 40 something but I have just started to deal with my junk a few years ago.  I have gone NC with my parents but they have started hoovering, prob triggered by my sisters impending wedding.  Their hoovering has been very triggering for me so I went looking for help/ information/ support and found this support forum.  I literally chased my husband out of bed a few nights ago in my sleep by holding onto him so tightly that it was painful.  I am thankful that I have found this forum and have learned much from it and from Out of the Fog. 

Indigochild

Hi SadieMist

Sounds like you are going through a really terrifying time.
Trigger allert....

It is scary i think, when you realise you were abused, that the secrets are out...I feel like my mum is going to come and get me and tell me ive been found out and that I'm wrong.
I am glad your on out of the fog website- its very helpful and has people that understand.
Good for you for doing something about it, when you parents never did for whatever reasons.

SadieMist

I am so glad I found this website too Ingochild. 

Indigochild