New to OOTS

Started by Lifecrafting, August 01, 2015, 06:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifecrafting

Hi Everyone

Actually, I just don't know what to say except I'm glad I found this site. I hope to start healing....

Thank you for being here

Trees

Hi Gettingthere, I am so glad you found this site.  Good work on putting up your first post here!  That can take courage.  I was very nervous when I made my own first post, not too many months ago.

Please read around the site according to what you find interesting.  The Guidelines for Members has some helpful ideas on how to join in discussions here.

We are a group of people with cptsd who are "gathering" here together to support each other with compassion and empathy and whatever information we may have encountered during our journeys with this condition.  This is a safe place to speak the truth about one's experiences with cptsd, though gentle language is encouraged.  And we use trigger warnings to let others know when we are touching on a subject that could trigger certain issues.

For a good reference on how cptsd is often discussed on this site, try Pete Walker's book, "CPTSD From Surviving to Thriving."   It is a compassionate discussion of the different aspects of cptsd and an excellent frame of reference that we use quite often.  I personally recommend it highly because Pete's perspective has helped me lessen the shame and fear of my condition.

I hope you will feel welcomed here and will keep coming back!    :hug:

Boatsetsailrose

Hello :)

I have found this forum very good for identification and support in my recovery
Wishing u all the best on the start of your recovery journey

Lifecrafting

Hi Trees, Hi Boatsetsailrose,  thanks for your warm welcome.

First, I must tell you that I confused my sites and usernames today so while you were posting a response here, I changed my username; just wanted to let you know! ;D

I don't see how I can respond to each of you individually; that's not an option?

Trees, I just started reading Pete Walker's book; by the time I reached page 11, I was in tears, it is so on the mark. I have read half of it today and am finding it to be such a compassionate sharing of experiences and a wealth of info. That helps me to feel better - not so alone...

I will be mindful of triggers, thanks for the heads up.

Vista

Me too ... Glad to find this site.  It's hard to come up with the right words to talk about emotional abuse ... Thanks.  I read Emotional Blackmail a few years ago and it helped me so much I often recommend the book to others.  Helped me no end!

Boatsetsailrose

Life crafting101
Nice name :)
Positive - that's what I've found being in recovery - feeling positive and looking at gaining myself - who I was always meant to be
As u point to
Crafting myself :)

Don't think there is a way to respond directly on the thread - but can message people individually
Personally I find that a bit scarey ( but I've not been on here long ) when someone messages me individually - I like replies on the thread feels more inclusive ( but that's just me
:)

Lifecrafting

Thanks Boatsetsailrose, I like this username as well!

So. I just wrote this note to the group - sort of an introduction and also sharing the rough day I had...I really wanted to share....and I then I accidentally hit a key and now it's POOF! Gone. It was a good note too!

Bummer.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow...

Blessings to you all

Goodnight

Indigochild

Welcome to the sight Lifecrafting!!
;)

Lifecrafting

Thanks Indigochild!