Hello everyone

Started by distraught, July 27, 2015, 01:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

distraught

I have just joined this site looking for some answers and support. I have been having a lot of problems over my life with identity problems and have been to many counselors. I was told I had Borderline Personality Syndrome, and tried working on that. I recently saw another counselor that told me that BPD was unlikely because I showed very few traits from that diagnosis and the work I had been doing had not been helping. They told me to research CPTSD online because of things I have been through. The symptom list seems to have a lot of similarities to the problems I have. I look forward to meeting people here and healing old wounds.

DaisyMae

HI distraught, :wave:

Nice to meet you and glad that you found us.  Everyone here is very kind and supportive of each other.  I became a member a little less than a month ago.  It was a struggle in the beginning because so many have suffered so many different forms of abuse in their lives.  It brings back a lot of distant and not so distant memories of the same or worse types of abuse that others have experienced and it triggers EF's (emotional flashbacks) sometimes.  It is getting easier and finding others that can relate and that you can ask questions for advice really has helped.  Hope that you find many new friends and comfort here.

DaisyMae, :hug:

Dyess

Welcome Distraught, hope you find answers here.

distraught

Thank you for the welcome. I live in a very inopportune area for support groups or for knowledge about this by educated professionals or people in general. I feel like I don't know who I am. I just seem like a chameleon, every time I am around someone I read how they want me to be and I am that way. I just hope in time I can find my own identity and peace with my past and help other people along the way too.

Dyess

I hope you can as well. You can learn a lot from the posts of others. It can be a little overwhelming at times, so pace yourself with how much you want to know :)

mourningdove