Hi

Started by jessetwigg, July 02, 2015, 02:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessetwigg

Hi there, my name is Jess
I just joined like 5mins ago, it's 12:25am and all yesterday I spent trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I gave up, nothing seemed to fit.
This evening I was talking to my boyfriend and something happened that hasn't happened in a long time.
He said one of his mates saw a pics of mine by accident.
This has happened one time before but didn't affect me that badly at all (s*** happens) but this time it triggered an intense emotional flashback. I haven't experienced anything like that in a long time, I'm still a little shaky (and nervous when he wakes up in the morning he'll probably freak out over all the weird messages I've sent)
Anyway, as I said s*** happens, his mates aren't like the people I used to hang around. They are respectful and the dude was respectful about it. No big deal usually except this time for some reason.
So I looked up emotional flashback not even realising it was a thing, thats just what it felt like. Next thing I'm seeing a Google link to C-PTSD and I thought, that's not right?? My PTSD was mostly dealt with.
Anyway I read the symptoms and now to say I'm convinced would be an understatement.
Actually I'm kinda relieved because at least it's not a personality disorder (no offense meant to others)

Anyway thats why I'm here.
Seeking support and answers.

Jess

VeryFoggy

Welcome to the forum and it is a relief when we find something that just clicks for us and makes sense.  We know something is wrong?  But we don't know what it is.  It's just not mainstream, or something we have ever even heard of.  So I am glad you found us, and as you begin your search it may help you to post your story and share.  Look around and read other's stories and you may find something in common.

BTW - If you are using your real name?  For your own protection it would be best to change it.  We are all anonymous to protect the members.

Again welcome! And I hope you find hope and healing and peace.

jessetwigg

Hey thanks for the heads up, that username is so automatic to me i didnt even think.
Ive been on one of these forums before for SA survivors and everyone was so supportive. I hope this one will be the same. I really need someone to understand cause atm i feel like the only person in the world this messed up.