NEW TO THE SITE AND DIAGNOSIS OF C-PTSD

Started by ann023, October 04, 2014, 01:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ann023

Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with C-PTSD after beginning counseling. I attempted overdose last Christmas for various reasons and have found hope in an answer for my years of battling these symptoms. I have finally decided to be completely honest about the past, and the years of abuse I endured from several different people. I am hoping to find people on here that can relate to me and possibly my experiences as I do feel very alone in this world and currently struggle with isolative behaviors.
To our Health,
Ann

Rain

Hi Ann,

Nice to meet you, and I'm sorry you have gone through such pain.   You have found the right place, a safe place where others have walked at least part of your Journey.

We all certainly understand the pain and betrayal.   I am fairly new here myself, but everyone has been warm and welcoming.

Please do read the Welcome section with helpful info from Kizzie, the moderator.   Browse through the topics and you will likely start to see yourself in our words here.

Most of all, you are not alone.   Add a post, a question, a bit of support, as you feel like it.

Again, welcome to OOTS, Ann.   :hug:

Rain

schrödinger's cat

Hi Ann,

welcome here. I hope you'll find this place as helpful as I did. All the best wishes for your journey.

Rrecovery

Hi Ann and welcome  ;D

I'm so glad to hear you have found hope - and glad you have found your way to this safe place.  I have struggled so much with feeling alone in the world - I know how painful it is.  May this forum be a comfort to you  :wave:

Kizzie

Welcome Ann - CPTSD can isolate us and make us feel so very different than other people, but we're not broken or defective or crazy even. We've suffered from a psychological injury that is treatable once you know what you're dealing with. You are not alone any more  :hug: