What Makes Your IC Laugh

Started by Kizzie, June 16, 2015, 07:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

I came across a site about a surf dog competition in Huntington Beach CA, US that absolutely made my IC laugh out loud.  http://surfcitysurfdog.com/.  I so want to go!   :yes:

flyingfree

This picture makes my IC so happy. And everything else on the website, actually....

Hope it's ok to post it directly here!

Kizzie

OMG, love the cats. I burst out laughing and this time my dog did not jump. Perhaps it's because he is getting used to the sound of spontaneous bursts of laughter. Yay! 

Here's a good standup routine for anyone who has been stuck listening to someone talk about themselves endlessly - Brian Regan, Me Monsters, and Walking on the Moon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBJ6yptGqm4. Still makes me LOL.   

Butterfly

Silly computer games with cute characters delight my IC. Crafting makes her tingle with happiness.

Dutch Uncle

If smoking is this bad, then what am I worried about with my personal OOTS worries?

My inner child revels in the joy he can have regardless.

DaisyMae

Great pic Hysperger!  I needed a good laugh today....  I know some many that drank and smoked, always seemed to have fun, and lived nice long lives - anywhere from 85 to over 100! The secret,  they didn't seem to let anything stress them out. Or at least that is my opinion.  On the other hand, have known some health nuts that have dropped dead of heart attacks while jogging or cycling..... nice people but the difference, they seemed uptight and had a need to control everything. 

Kizzie - Love Brian Regan, thanks for the link.  It was a great "pick me up" and escape this morning watching several of his stand up routines.   ;D

I like vanilla

Thank you Kizzie. What a wonderful question to think about and to answer :D

My IC really likes the cute-funny cat videos on Youtube, but she says 'so long as the cats are not getting really hurt or scared'. Ones where the cats cuddle with dogs and with babies are good too.

My IC also thinks slides are awesome. I often walk around my neighbour, just for walking's sake. Whenever we pass a playground, she insists that we go on the slide. We have a deal. If we can slide without disturbing children playing there then we do so. I am often out early and late when the playgrounds are empty so we get to slide fairly often. If the playground is full of children then we leave the slide alone, but I try to make up for it later when the playground is empty. We have a list of 'favourite slides' and are always happy to try new ones.

My IC also really enjoys blowing bubbles. Recently, I was at a park with a lot of visitors We discovered that many adults have IC that are appreciative of bubbles. Bubbles are great!

missbliss

Who has determined factually that the *inner child* laughs? Where is it written? By whom? Can it be proven scientifically? When a person laughs does that translate into the *inner child*? Does the adult self not laugh? The wise mind not find maters amusing?

Kizzie

There's actually a lot of scientific literature about dissociated parts of the self as a result of prolonged trauma, one of which feels like a younger self, an inner child. See this article for example by Onno van der Hart and his colleagues (2005), "Dissociation: An Insufficiently Recognized Major Feature of Complex PTSD" at http://www.onnovdhart.nl/articles/jts_complex_%20ptsd.pdf.

Traumatization involves a loss of the pretraumatic personality structure in adults, and interferes with the development of a cohesive and coherent personality structure in children. In other words, traumatization consists of some degree of division of the personality (pp. 2-3). 

From my perspective, the more I can entice that younger split off part of me to rise out of the dark place she resides and help her to see the world can be fun and adult me will protect her, the more she will integrate into my larger sense of self. It seems to be working, I have more of a sense of flow these days (i.e., my IC does not feel as separate as once she used to).

In any event the inner child is not something anyone has to accept, but for those of us who do, this thread is about letting that part of us have some laughter and fun for a change. On that note, my IC/I absolutely loves seeing dogs hanging out the window of a car driving by - brings a big smile and laugh every time  ;D  She/I also love when our dog thumps his tail, barks and moves his legs like he is running when he is asleep.   

:rundog: Too funny! 

Dutch Uncle

Found this gem while looking for Engrish Signs:

edit: tried the image embedding function

[attachment deleted by admin]

missbliss

Simply said, we all have had a childhood and a part of us remains a child throughout our lives.  Eight or Eighty we are all still capable of playing wild and free, throwing tantrums, hiding from grown-ups (authority), believing that anything can happen or just being silly for the sake of doing so.

"We are every age that we have ever been."
~Madeline L'Engle

The Child archetype resides in us all and is the first that we come to know.   The Child archetype is sometimes called the guardian of innocence and it represents our beginning point.  This archetype sets up our earliest perceptions of life, safety, loyalty and family.   The heart of the Child archetype is one of dependency and responsibility.  Addressing the Child archetype within can awaken a new relationship with life, a new start.

There are many aspects of the Child archetype each with their own set of specific expressions. While we can carry expressions of all of these aspects, one will usually be dominant in our childhood as well as our later life.  Which aspect best describes your experience of the Child archetype? Review the list below along with descriptions on the following pages.

Orphan Child (Abandoned Child)
    Magical Child (Innocent Child)
    Wounded Child
    Eternal Child (Puer/Puella Eternis)
    Divine Child
    Nature Child

http://archetypist.com/2009/11/24/the-child-archetype/

I like vanilla

Quote from: Dutch Uncle on September 26, 2015, 09:03:32 AM
Found this gem while looking for Engrish Signs:

Dutch Uncle, Thank you! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I work in the environmental sector and this really made me laugh. I really needed that today.  :bighug:

I like vanilla

Quote from: missbliss on September 25, 2015, 08:46:03 AM
Who has determined factually that the *inner child* laughs? Where is it written? By whom? Can it be proven scientifically? When a person laughs does that translate into the *inner child*? Does the adult self not laugh? The wise mind not find maters amusing?

I know that my Inner Child is laughing because I can feel her happiness and joy. I communicate with her often to see how she is doing, so have a good sense of her moods. I also check in with my Inner Infant, my Inner Teenager, and whoever else needs to be heard, comforted, or otherwise given attention.

When I am laughing, then I am laughing at something I find funny or joyful. I laugh for myself.

I do not need a journal article to tell me this is so, I know it from my own experience.

Boatsetsailrose

Yes my is ic loves funny animal things too I just howl
I also like dry humour and impressions

Kizzie

My IC is a fan of Teddy Bear the porcupine and absolutely loves this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cILZ_cB3_so  (I play this and others when she/I are in need of a cuteness fix and laugh).