Avoided collapse

Started by Blueberry, March 26, 2024, 01:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Yesterday I realised I'd been on the brink of collapse again. BUT I caught myself and took steps to not collapse. Today I told my occupational therapist but also added he might not agree with me on the impending collapse (he tries to help me see the positive that I am managing - which is good because within a week I always manage something). He agreed with me though that over the past few weeks it had looked like brink-of-collapse.

Now I've avoided that. Or averted is maybe more appropriate. :)  :cheer:

Hope67

Dear Blueberry,
I am very glad to hear that you have realised, caught yourself, and took steps to not collapse.  That is brilliant!   :cheer: You've averted it.  That's really great  :cheer:

Enjoying being able to celebrate that alongside you!   :cheer:  :cheer:
Hope  :)

Cascade

Way to go, Blueberry!  I celebrate your strength with you.   :applause:
Your own progress and posting it here for all to see gives me hope that healing is, indeed, possible.

NarcKiddo

That was such a lovely post to read, Blueberry.  :cheer:  :grouphug:

woodsgnome

Blueberry ... whatever you choose to call the action, the outcome stems from your self-initiative and realization that being 'on the edge' no longer must result wit a dangerous plunge into self-loating.

May you enjoy the view -- from on top of the edge, and not bruised and disappointed yet again. You're in new territory, and you got here yourself! Congratulations  :thumbup:  :applause: 

Blueberry

Thank you all for your words and cheers :)  :)  :)  :grouphug:

Kizzie

Wonderful to hear this BB  :thumbup:   :hug:

Blueberry

Thank you Kizzie :hug:

Continuing today too because I just noticed half an hour ago that I don't have much energy left this evening. Vacuuming is very overdue, but it's going to wait till tomorrow or Saturday so I have enough energy for choir practice tonight. Have to get to choir practice too and sort my music sheets before I go (chaos reigns in that file). Such tiny things can be too much. But I noticed and set my priorities :thumbup:

Kizzie

And that's how we have to roll sometimes isn't it BB?  Knowing how much we can accomplish without overstressing ourselves because there is a often a stream of hot lava trauma running in the background of our inner selves. It's hard to accept sometimes I find (that I must slow down or take breaks), because I am a perfectionist and of course I want to do everything and do it well. Now that I am 67, however, in addition to the trauma popping up I have normal age related and trauma induced physical ailments popping up.  I have no choice but to manage that, much like I've learned to do with my trauma, just like you. Bravo to us!  :hug: