Hi, im new here (maybe trigger warning?)

Started by Andy9934, March 18, 2024, 06:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy9934

Hi, first i wanna say english is not my first language so sorry. Im 18 and foung this and wanted to get some community and help because I'm sure I have cptsd.

I will say my history very simple and try to not get graphic. I'm a child of drug addicts so mom and dad here always fighting bc of this, domestic violence and I i was emocionally abused and some things that are maybe sexual abuse. My dad died of overdose when I was 6, then I was sexually abused by my grandpa, later my mom remarried and from 7-13 I was sa'ed by my stepfather who were also addicted and I was abused emotionally and sometimes physically by him and my mom, and they also fighted a lot, he would hit my mother.

I also moved more than 20 times, money was always tight and I was neglected a lot.

Now I still live with my abusive mother who assaults me sexually sometimes and is abusive and her new husband who is emotionally abusive threats to hit me and hit her one time.

It's been a while since I think I have cptsd and I feel so bad but can't get out of here yet.

Lakelynn

Welcome Andy9934,

Thank you for finding us and posting about yourself. I'm so sorry you have been abused instead of protected and sheltered. Connecting to others here might be a way for you to have health and happiness in your life.

Enduring circumstances which keep us in a harmful place is the hardest thing to do. You don't say what country you're in, but perhaps there are local agencies or organizations which you might approach. Please stay around so we can help you find your way to safety.

NarcKiddo

Welcome.

I am sorry to read your story. I am also sorry to see that you still have to live with abusive people. I hope you can soon find a way out of that situation.

Little2Nothing

Welcome Andy9934. Glad you are here. I'm sorry you had to endure those things. 

Papa Coco

Welcome to the forum Andy9934.

This forum is filled with wonderful, loving people who support each other and understand each other.

I'm glad you found it and joined.

Cascade

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your courage in joining us, especially on the level of writing in English.  Your English is great!  We don't have to be perfect.  I've recently found comfort in being good enough.

The future can feel overwhelming, especially at 18 as you move forward.  I hope you can find strength in knowing that you are (at least legally) an adult now and can take action on your own behalf.  I look forward to hearing from you more.

Kizzie

Andy I am so sorry for what you have and are currently enduring. Given your age there is some good news and that is if you can get treatment now you may not suffer with symptoms over a lifetime.  Now I know you are not in a familial situation where there is money of the will to get you help but I did Google your country (I am the Admin here so I know where you are from but I am the only one here that does), and the words "social welfare assistance".  Your country does have programs for individuals in your situation so if/when you feel up to it maybe Google that and find some help for yourself to get out of your parents house and for therapy and such.

Kizzie