Hello and thanks for adding me

Started by O83nomo, March 08, 2024, 01:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O83nomo

It is good to be here.

I'm an older woman from Australia, originally UK.

I've been consciously recovering from CSA for decades

I'm finally integrating the very fragmented aspects of myself and memories they hold.

I find using Internal Family Systems therapy and drawing pictures of my insights helpful.

I can remember and relate the images and see connections continuation where previously my story seemed so disjointed.

I became part of Adult Children of Alcoholics last year ( a 12 Step program for people raised in dysfunctional families/ situations.  This has provided a much needed sense of belonging and is the basis of my Inner Child work

NarcKiddo

Welcome. I am glad to hear that your healing is progressing and that you are finding your 12 step program helpful.

Lakelynn

Welcome to the forum O83nomo.

I'm glad you posted and shared. IFS is a great way to uncover lost parts and learn what they need. Drawing those insights is perfect, in my opinion. Over time, you'll see more connections and feel more grounded.

Finding a group where you belong... :cheer: Keep going!

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Nomo.  A lot of us here are older as you'll find so we have been struggling with CPTSD for a long time.  A lot of members also are using IFS. 

I hope you find the information and support you're looking for. 

Papa Coco

O83nomo

Thank you all for the welcome 🤗