New but now quite new

Started by Shankara, February 25, 2024, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shankara

Hi Humans,

not brand new here, haven't been around for  a couple of years now. Not a native English speaker (I live in Germany) So please bare with me if some grammar error pops in.

Not sure why I felt the need to come back, maybe due to the fact that many people in my life have just fallen off the radar, I get that we all deal with our very own, unique problems, and that it's hard to stay connected in times of despair, and that sometimes misunderstandings are never being addressed, rather we drag along with passive aggressive behavior, this is what I've experienced especially during COVID. Not saying, I'm innocent in all of this, I deal with my own share of relational trauma, triggers and the  inability to always empathize with certain people , but I'm trying.....

I've been stable for a few years now physically and mentally, BUT I still struggle with the fact that I have no friendships, that I miss a so-called community.. not romanticizing these aspects of life, because even then we are always confronted with conflicts, nothing comes all nice and neatly, it's a lot about reflection, putting up boundaries, knowing how to communicate and having a good sense of selfworth, which I feel with childhood relational trauma is a enormous topic and never ending thing to work on..

Just felt like stopping by, maybe someone around who likes to connect?

Thanks, if you read so far

Hope67

Hi Shankara,
I read what you wrote yesterday, but didn't get to write here to say Welcome back till this morning.   :heythere:
Hope  :)

Shankara

Thank you very much @Hope67!

Hope you are well? Take care

dollyvee

Hi Shankara,

Welcome back to the forum  :heythere:

I hope you find what you need here.

Sending you support,
dolly

Larry

Kizzie

Hi and welcome back to the forum Shankara  :wave:   It's not uncommon for members to take a break and come back.  I hope you find the community you're looking for - pretty friendly bunch here  :grouphug:

Libby183

Hi Shankara.

Welcome back. I, too,  have returned after a while away.
It sounds like we both need somewhere to connect but feel safe.

Hoping to hear more from you.

Libby.

Shankara

Quote from: dollyvee on February 26, 2024, 02:21:41 PMHi Shankara,

Welcome back to the forum  :heythere:

I hope you find what you need here.

Sending you support,
dolly

Hi dollyvee,

thanks for the warm welcome!
Sending you supportive thoughts as well..

Good to read you!

Take care

Shankara

Quote from: Kizzie on February 26, 2024, 04:46:06 PMHi and welcome back to the forum Shankara  :wave:   It's not uncommon for members to take a break and come back.  I hope you find the community you're looking for - pretty friendly bunch here  :grouphug:

Thanks @Kizzie! It's definitely a friendly bunch here.. thanks for the friendly welcome!

Sending support your way!

Shankara

Quote from: Libby183 on February 27, 2024, 02:12:43 PMHi Shankara.

Welcome back. I, too,  have returned after a while away.
It sounds like we both need somewhere to connect but feel safe.

Hoping to hear more from you.

Libby.

Thanks for mentioning ,,connecting and safety" which is a huge topic for me. With relational/attachment Trauma I guess most of us have to deal with these aspects of it..

Sending support your way @Libby!