New here

Started by Little2Nothing, February 04, 2024, 12:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little2Nothing

I have struggled for over 60 years. It wasn't until recently that I was diagnosed with cptsd.

I was an unwanted child, abandoned at an orphanage. After several years I released back ro my mother's care. She was an alcoholic, married to an alcoholic. My stepfather was brutal. He beat my mother.

During these years I was ridiculed, physically beaten and sexually abused. At 13 I ran away and lived on the street until I was 17.

I'm currently trying to reconcile myself to my past.

Hope67

Welcome Flavius1492,  I'm glad you found your way here.  I am sorry that you had those experiences.  I wish you the best with trying to reconcile your past and I hope you'll find support here.
Hope  :)

NarcKiddo

Welcome. I am sorry you had such a dreadful start to your life.

Kizzie

A warm welcome to OOTS Flavius.  :grouphug: 

That was as NarcKiddo says a dreadful start to your life and should never have happened.  It's what makes me most angry about relational trauma. Society had a responsibility to make sure you were cared for and didn't - such a betrayal.  I know things were like that in our childhood (I am in my 60's), but I cannot fathom how abuse and neglect were ignored like they were. Anyway, if you've read Pete Walker (his book is "CPTSD: From Surviving to Thriving"), he talks about the need to get angry to ignite the protective part of us that was silenced in childhood. Sounds like a good response in your case. 

Just my thoughts of course.

Armee

:grouphug:

Welcome! I'm so glad to get a chance to know you on this journey of making sense of the past and present.

Little2Nothing

Thanks all. I am hoping to find a path to a better future here. 

Papa Coco

Welcome to the forum L2N,

Your story touches my heart. I have noticed that our paths all had unique starting points, but somehow, we all came here with the similar symptoms of C-PTSD. This is a great forum for being in the company of others who understand the twists and turns of navigating our adult lives after having such rocky beginnings.

Welcome!