Hello All

Started by SamwiseGamgee, January 23, 2024, 06:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamwiseGamgee

New member here. Just joined today. I'm not sure where to begin exactly. Without great detail, I'm adopted and have developmental trauma from birth
basically . My therapist gave me a diagnosis of CPTSD about a year ago. She doesn't specialize in developmental trauma so I'm here in hopes of finding support from others who have this. My friends and family are at the end of what they know to do to help. And I'm tired of wearing them out, honestly. I hope I can be a support to this community. I appreciate it being here.

dollyvee

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you need here.

:heythere:

Sending you support,
dolly

NarcKiddo

Hello, and welcome. I have found everyone here to be helpful and supportive.

SamwiseGamgee

Thank you dolly and NarcKiddo.

Plumandine

welcome samwise! nice name!

SamwiseGamgee

Papa Coco

Welcome SamwiseGamgee,

This forum is a great place to share with likeminded people. I'm glad you found it and I look forward to future interactions.

SamwiseGamgee

Thanks for the welcome Papa Coco!

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Samwise   :heythere:   I think you'll find the forum quite warm and supportive and we have lots of information and resources.  Hope it all helps!

SamwiseGamgee

Thank you Kizzie. I feel welcome and seen already. I've heard my emotional state described by several people. I hate that so many struggle this way. But I'm thankful I'm not alone.

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum samwise :heythere: It's a supportive place here and I'm glad you feel seen already.

Love your name. A few months ago I re-read Lord of the Rings. I like that you dared to take on a male character's name as your name here.

SamwiseGamgee

Thanks Blueberry! We'll, I mean, Sam is the hero of the story, after all. That's a neccessary re-read periodically.

Unmasked

Good morning!  Welcome!  I'm new too! I'm excited to connect with others that can relate to what is going on!  :)

SamwiseGamgee

Thanks Unmasked and welcome to you too!