A question to admins - support group?

Started by Bert, January 11, 2024, 10:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Hey, I know that this is an anonymous forum. But I'm searching for a support-group of sorts. Like a- you log in for 30-60mins go around the (digital) room and share in a more real-time connected manner. I know that for some with C-PTSD this could be quite frightening, but I wholeheartedly believe that with each others encouragement something like this could be a really good thing. I dunno, just a thought. Or perhaps some of you may know of places where I can go to partake in something like this?

Bermuda

Hi Bert, not an Admin, just a human blob here.

We actually do have two groups that meet digitally. I think the plan was to keep the groups how they are, but maybe in the future a third group might be added. I know there was discussion of starting a group for those with more "difficult timezones". Things have been wild lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if any plans are on hold for the moment.

I hope you find what you need in any case. You are right, connection is important.

NarcKiddo

https://www.cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=15329.30

Hello, Bert. I'm not an admin either. But above is a link to the thread about the existing Zoom groups and that is probably the best place for you to add a post to register your interest if another is set up.

You are right that such a group can be amazingly helpful and supportive. I don't know of anywhere else that does that sort of thing, although it may be possible to access therapist-led groups online. I guess that would be something one would have to pay for  :Idunno: