Hello

Started by Crow_, January 07, 2024, 03:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow_

Hello everyone! I'm Crow_
I was actually a little hesitant to come here but I realized that it's important that I take steps to connect with people who share similar life experiences to me.

I'm not quite sure how to start but I developed CPTSD through repeated harm to me since I was a young child. I'm not really comfortable giving any more than that.

However! I'm currently doing so much better now. I'm actually able to look back at everything since finally becoming independent from my family. And uhhh it is just absurd, CPTSD really does give a backstory equivalent of "that is enough slices."
In my path to healing I'm currently meditating, reading on cptsd, attachment styles, jungian psychology, and using tarot. I've taken steps to tear away the defensive and aggressive mask I created to survive and it is... new to say the least. I haven't felt like this in over a decade.

Armee

Welcome and so sorry to hear that you suffered so badly but really happy to hear you are feeling better and starting to heal. Love that phrase "more than enough slices" in relation to cptsd! So true.

dollyvee

Hi Crow,

Welcome to the forum  :heythere: I hope you find what you need here.

Sending you support,
dolly

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum Crow :heythere:

Here, you don't have to write anything more than you're comfortable writing. For many of us here, cptsd due to childhood stuff, so we get it. I really understand how it can be hard to write more about it. It took me a long time. Sometimes I'm still at a loss for words.

I hope you feel supported here.

Papa Coco

Hi Crow,

Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of kindness and support here, because no matter where we all came from, somehow we all ended up here, and we suffer with similar triggers and reactions.

The multipronged approach has worked well for me. I dabble in metaphysics, psychology, occasional medications when needed, and I read a lot of very helpful books. This forum is one of the main contributors to helping me make sense of the triggering world we are all living in.

One wonderful aspect of the people on this forum is that nobody has ever made me feel like I need to share what I don't feel like sharing. Sharing comes when it comes. And everyone I chat with here feels the same way.  Share what you want, when you want. Meanwhile it's just nice to sit with people who know a bit about what it feels like to be triggered in similar ways.

Welcome and I hope you find what you were looking for here.

Larry

hi crow,  welcome !!

NarcKiddo

Welcome, Crow_

I am sorry you had such difficulties in your childhood, and that they have had lasting repercussions. I wish you all the best in your healing journey.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Crow  :heythere: