Hello!

Started by gonna, January 02, 2024, 05:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonna

Well,

In my journey of recovering from my trauma, my research has lead me to this page. I'm excited to read about others recovery and even share a bit of my own.

As I'm pushing the age of " Adulthood," I've started to see a personality arise that I felt deemed as healthy. Was it finally getting away from my abusers? Was it starting to hang out with others who I deemed as healthy or normal? What ever the case may be, I saw and continue seeing sparks of the person I yearn to be. However, the moments of flashbacks due to someone saying something mean, or getting frustrated haunt me takes a toll on me.
Was it my fault? How can I make them happy? I don't deserve to be happy, I should just go lay in bed all day and distract my self from reality.

Those moments in my life I've always assumed it was personality traits I created; however, I have come to realize I didn't create these moments. They are the reactions from my trauma, and it is up to me to realize them and find help to become the person I have always dreamed of being. Normal? Myself?

Thank you for reading.

NarcKiddo

Welcome. I wish you all the best as you continue along the road to healing. I have found a great deal of help and support here, and I am sure you will, too.

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS Gonna  :heythere:  It sounds like you have a good start on your recovery and healing  :thumbup:   I hope being here will help in your journey.

Papa Coco

Welcome to the forum Gonna,

I've been a member here for 2 1/2 years and have found it to be a safe place to share. I'm glad you have realized that your trauma responses are not your natural personality, but were put upon you by traumas that really never should have happened.

I'm glad you are here. I hope you find some friendships here as I have found. There are many different people of all ages here. Our backstories are unique, but somehow we all ended up in the same place. That's what trauma does to us.

Welcome.