Lovely Pictures of Winter

Started by Kizzie, November 08, 2023, 03:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

It's coming (winter) so thought these amazing pictures might ease the pain a little - https://www.boredpanda.com/winter-wonderland-photography-stanley-aryanto/

NarcKiddo

Those are beautiful. I have saved a couple to use as inspiration for my art course. Thank you.

Kizzie

Oh that's right, you're in art class now.  How is it going?  Aren't they gorgeous pictures.  I'd love to take shots like that.

I also meant to ask you how your trip went to see your kids/grandkids about 3 weeks ago?

NarcKiddo

Art class is going well, Kizzie. Thanks for asking. I'm really enjoying it. Trip to see family was good. Stepdaughter has finally managed to buy her first house (has a big family due to inheriting kids from her husband so a starter home was always out of the question). The house is nice - needs work but liveable in the meantime.

j i m

Beautiful. I would love to see places like this in real life some day. Thank you for sharing

Kizzie

Glad you liked the pics Jim, some of these are very much like the scenery in the Rockies near where I live.  WE go for drives just to soak up the beauty of them and always come home feeling sort of calm and refreshed.

NarcKiddo - glad the trip was good, nice to have family who don't send you into the trigger zone I imagine.  ;D

NarcKiddo

Quote from: Kizzie on November 14, 2023, 05:37:43 PMNarcKiddo - glad the trip was good, nice to have family who don't send you into the trigger zone I imagine.  ;D

They did for years through no fault of their own. It's only since starting to understand CPTSD that I have been able to be firm enough with myself and kind enough to myself to let go of the triggers around them.

Kizzie

Oh I see, good for you.  :cheer:  I am able to do that with some people who trigger me, others not so much.  My H deals with my NB because 5 minutes around him and honestly my BP skyrockets. He and my H keep up to date on my M so I don't trigger - works out well because my H is not bothered by him and he filters the news.   

So here's some irony. My B texted my H last night to say of all things my M took part in the making of a documentary about hospice care over the last few days. *? My first honest reaction was "Stop paying so much attention to her, she loves the attention and it's keeping her going."  Not very compassionate on my part but that was what flashed through my mind. So much for a few days to a week which is what the care team suggested when she first went into hospital.

Anyway, I'm going to look at those lovely pictures again and bring down my BP  ;D