Hello!

Started by titanif, October 27, 2023, 07:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

titanif

New here and wanted to say hello
been majorly triggered this evening by someones behaviour
so could use some support
i been through loads of trauma complex trauma and also childhood neglect.
i am currently in trauma therapy and really having a very difficult time
it never feels that anything is easy
i am a kind person. likes yoga and reading, singing and music. and films and anime
Giovanni

NarcKiddo

Hello, Giovanni, and welcome. I'm glad you have found us, although of course I am sorry you needed to. I'm also glad you are having therapy. It is tough, I know, but I hope it is helping. Progress can feel very slow at times.

:grouphug:

Blueberry

Welcome Giovanni :heythere:

Papa Coco

Welcome to the forum, Giovanni,

You stated that you are a kind person who likes yoga, reading, singing, music, films and annime.  I totally believe you. I have noticed that by-and-large, the people I meet who have lifelong trauma reactions to their chaotic childhoods are almost always like us: Kind, empathetic, seeking peace in a violent world. Finding this forum means you've found a place filled with people who are more like you than different.

I tend to believe that we struggle because we are good people in a chaotic world. We're having normal reactions to abnormal situations. Trauma helped us survive in a world that is filled with struggle. I'm glad you have a trauma therapist. I'm very glad you found this forum. I hope that the good people on this forum prove to be as helpful for you as they have been for me.

I look forward to reading more from you as time goes on.

Welcome

CraneWings

Welcome, Giovanni. I'm sorry to hear you experienced such pain. I hope you find peace and healing.

blue_sky

Welcome Giovanni or titanif, hope you're feeling a bit better.

:grouphug: