Introducing Myself

Started by blunk, October 24, 2023, 05:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blunk

Hi, my name is Blunk. I have been a member of Out of the FOG for many years, and joined here earlier this year. I have lurked a bit, but finally felt ready to post as I do have some questions for the group...but I will make a separate post on the appropriate board.

I was married for nearly 16 years to a man with BPD. During that time I suffered varying forms and levels of control and abuse. While I did not endure physical abuse, he came very close to that line on more than a few occasions. With the help of the folks from OOTF, I managed to leave him, and have been divorced for about 8.5 years.

I lost my mom at a fairly young age, and recently lost my dad under somewhat suspicious circumstances. I have also dealt with some moderately serious health issues over the last year. I do have my DH who is extremely supportive, but I don't always have an easy time opening up about my feelings.

Lately, I have been feeling so many of the things that I thought I had moved past...depression, anxiety, hypervigilance, insomnia, guilt, trouble concentrating, and so much more. It has been hitting me in waves.

I look forward to reading and sharing more, and hopefully moving towards healing both physically and emotionally.

Thank you all for being here.

Bermuda

Hi blunk. Welcome to the OOTS. I hope you find what you need here. It sounds like you have been through a lot.

:heythere:

Blueberry

Hi Blunk,

Good for you feeling ready to post! I'm a mbr of OOTF too, where I was able to get information on my FOO dynamic from some long-term and much-healed mbrs there. But the real compassion and deep-down understanding of my situation with cptsd and why my healing journey is so long and that I can't just do the recommended steps right away etc - that's here on OOTS. So, I hope you too find that this forum complements OOTF. Sort of comes gently at us from a different angle.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

NarcKiddo

Hello, Blunk, and welcome. I also found my way here via OOTF.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Blunk  :heythere:

Papa Coco

Hi Blunk, and welcome to the forum

I'm sorry to hear that you were tangled up with a BPD for over 16 years. I'm always glad to see people who've been kept by these monsters taking the initiative to find their way back to being themselves again.

I hope this forum is a help for you as you continue your journey of healing. The people on this forum have given me a lot of help for the past two years since I joined. I hope we can be here for you as well.

Larry